“There are better ones, but this was a nice experience”
Review of Mandarina's Cafe

Mandarina's Cafe
Ranked #961 of 1,305 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

There are better restaurants in Plaja del Carmen, but we had a good time in Mandarina's Cafe.

It is an Italian Restaurant and my daughter was intrigued by their announce on Pizza with champagne. To start with, their couvert with biscuits and a garlic butter was simple and great.

We had 1 pizza and 2 pastas and all dishes were good. Service ok. Open and nice environment, although mosquitos were crazy there. Advisable not to forget spray against them.

There are newer reviews for Mandarina's Cafe

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My friends and I went over to celebrate we were on holiday. Order some starters and pizzas to share so we could all try different ones. Some ordered wine others cocktails and it was all very good.
The atmosphere was lovely and having live piano made it all the more special. We had a great night.
The place is not cheap, but I found the quality, service and location are worth it.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This place is a disgrace. Do not be fooled by nice look and tableware. Staff are awful and could not care less. Food was adequate. It has big signs calling itself Boston Grill, which we looked up online but found nothing - we assumed it was a new restaurant. Wrong!! There is a small sign over a bar saying Mandarinas cafe. Clearly they don't want people to read the dreadful, well deserved reviews. Avoid at all costs. Severely overpriced. Would never be persuaded back.

2  Thank Angie047
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Bad staff. Stole my $600 DSLR camera. Went back next day and still no luck. Pricey & okay food.

Looked fancy from the outside.

1  Thank MayankAg06
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were just walking around and saw that they had crepes. I wish I had kept walking. The dulce de leche must have been made from scratch because otherwise they would not have had big chunks of seized sugar in the sauce. The service was very slow and the price was high. Both of us had different crepes and both had chunks of sugar. I am also sure the crepes were made there. I can not image a mass producer making the rubbery skins we were served. The coffee was good.