“Chichen Itza”
Review of YucaTreks

YucaTreks
More attraction details
Owner description: YucaTreks tours are designed to give you a fun day of local culture, history, and natural wonders and have been described as tours for people who "don't do tours". Activities we offer include excursions to Mayan archaeological sites- such as Tulum, Coba and Chichen Itza, exploring caves and caverns, snorkeling cenotes and coral reefs, snorkeling with whale sharks, sailing trips and ATV tours. Specializing in small intimate groups, we provide friendly knowledgeable guides, first class transportation, great food, and an experience you'll not soon forget!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My husband and I recently did the Chichen Itza tour and LOVED it. Our 14 person tour group was just the right size and rather than just driving to the ruins and back, the tour is broken down into a very enjoyable day.
Of course, Chichen Itza is the highlight of the day, but we were surprised at how much we enjoyed swimming in the cenote. Unlike other tours, this is done in reverse order so that we could beat the crowds (and heat) while visiting the ruins. Definitely a good idea! And I don't understand why other companies would swim before Chichen Itza...its SO refreshing after being out in the sun for hours!
After this we stopped for a delicious lunch buffet a cute hacienda, and then went for a 45 minute visit to Valladolid. This was a nice little city, but we were so tired by this time that we were ready to leave after ten minutes.
The tour guides provide water, soda, sandwiches, and snacks throughout the day so we never went hungry, and allowed us to make restroom stops if necessary.
This company puts a lot of thought into their trips, and the tour guides are very knowledgeable...we will definitely use them again if we return to the area!

3  Thank Sarina626
in 10 reviews
"main pyramid"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed May 21, 2014

This tour was by far the best part of our recent vacation in Playa del Carmen. Mitch our guide and his driver/sidekick Omar were friendly, fun and really enjoy showing off this gem of a tour. The Tulum visit was wonderful but the stops at Tulum Beach and the Grand Cenote as well as the Blue Cenote were fabulous.
Mitch and Omar prepared a picnic lunch on the beach that was out of this world. The trip to the beach was worth the price of the tour alone as the scenery, water, food, drinks and friendly atmosphere were awesome. The next time you are in Playa del Carmen take a pass on all the other tour operators and go with YucaTreks if you want the best fun and cultural experience ever.

2  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had booked a private tour (Tulum & Beyond) for my girlfriend and I as we wanted something more unique than the standard tours generally available. Well let me tell you we were NOT disappointed. Our tour guide for the day was Steven and he was excellent! Pick-up at the resort was prompt and right away Steven made us feel very comfortable and he gave us some background information on our way to Tulum. We arrived at Tulum in time for the first trolley to the ruins and Steven took care of everything. Once we arrived at the ruins Steven wowed us with his knowledge & passion for the location and answered every single question we had. HE also was gracious enough to be flexible (allowing us to go down to the beach for a few minutes and taking a number of pictures for us).

From there we then left for the Grand Cenote where he again gave us more information about the site as well as snorkeled with us for a bit so we could orient ourselves.

After the Grand Cenote was what may have been the highlight of the trip and that was an amazing lunch prepared by Steven on the most beautiful beach I have ever seen!

Overall booking this tour through YucaTreks was the highlight of our vacation and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone or book with them again!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I booked the Chichen Itza excursion with YucaTreks and it was perfect! We are not usually "tour" type people but with the distance from Playa I figured a tour was best option. YucaTreks is often recommended on TA so I booked with them and I was not disappointed! They were even better than expected. Each detail is carefully planned out and executed-from the timing, to the guide, Julian, and the delicious food! Mitch and Omar are wonderful guides and the group we toured with was especially fun! So Thanks Mitch and Omar for the unforgetable day! I cannot recommend this company highly enough!
~Lydia and Paul from SF