“Great day with Yuca Treks”
Review of YucaTreks

YucaTreks
More attraction details
Owner description: YucaTreks tours are designed to give you a fun day of local culture, history, and natural wonders and have been described as tours for people who "don't do tours". Activities we offer include excursions to Mayan archaeological sites- such as Tulum, Coba and Chichen Itza, exploring caves and caverns, snorkeling cenotes and coral reefs, snorkeling with whale sharks, sailing trips and ATV tours. Specializing in small intimate groups, we provide friendly knowledgeable guides, first class transportation, great food, and an experience you'll not soon forget!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great day with Yuca Treks”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Chichen Itza and Valladolid day tour on Dec 27th with Yuca treks and we loved it. I would have liked extra time at Chichen Itza as I didn't think it was long enough since we haven't seen it all but this is the price to pay when you go on organized tours. Guide was super knowledgeable, friendly and we learned quote a lot from him about Mayan culture. Lunch in traditional hacienda was delicious and experience in swimming in cenote was super cool. I would recommend this company and use them again. We stayed in Tulum and had to take a cab to a meeting place, they do not collect you form your hotel in this area but it was not a deal breaker since a cab is only about 10 dollars to a meeting point.

Winnipeg, Canada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Excellent Day!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We did the Coba Tour. Communication with Mitch to set up the private tour was excellent so I knew we were in good hands. On the day of the tour we took the ferry from Cozumel to PDC and our guide, Eder, was waiting for us. We enjoyed the ride to Coba and the "snack bag"! The historical info was great. After Coba we swam in a cenote, a highlight for the entire family. Eder answered all our questions about the Mayan culture and day-to-day life in Mexico. I highly recommend this tour company as it's smaller but worth the price to have personalized service.

Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great personalized tour!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I took the Chichen Itza + Valladolid day tour in May with YucaTreks - what a great day! The guides were fantastic and very knowledgeable about so many things -- the areas we were travelling through, local wildlife, the ruins, Mayan culture and history, etc. The trip was very well organized and I really liked that it was a small group tour of only about 10 people.

Visited May 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Coba Treasures”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We enjoyed our Coba tour. The guides were knowledgeable and engaging. I would have rated this tour a 5 if not for two things: Our resort was north of Playa del Carmen and so we had to arrange for a taxi to get us to Playa while those who booked the tour and were staying south of Playa were picked up at their resorts. So the day ended up costing us $50.00 more. The second reason was that both my husband and I got sick after eating at the small local buffet on the tour. We should have stuck to bottled water and avoided the fresh fruit (we're assuming that is where we picked up the bad bacteria :(

I would recommend this tour company--all the good reviews are justified.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank smartinlps
Atlanta, Georgia
152 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“The Best in Playa del Carmen”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I did the Chichen Itza + Valladolid day tour on Dec 27th with Yuca treks and it was easily the best tour company we encountered in Playa del carmen :-) Extremely professional, well organised and affordable. I had read up reviews on trip advisor before I chose them and I am so glad we did! Our guide Eder was fantastic! He was very knowledgeable, so friendly, polite, well mannered and took great care of us. The journey, the snacks and sandwich and drinks and the lunch at Hacienda Selva was simply wonderful. I would recommend this company to everyone!
Thank you Yuca treks!