“Amazing tour and super friendly guides!”
Review of YucaTreks

More attraction details
Owner description: YucaTreks tours are designed to give you a fun day of local culture, history, and natural wonders and have been described as tours for people who "don't do tours". Activities we offer include excursions to Mayan archaeological sites- such as Tulum, Coba and Chichen Itza, exploring caves and caverns, snorkeling cenotes and coral reefs, snorkeling with whale sharks, sailing trips and ATV tours. Specializing in small intimate groups, we provide friendly knowledgeable guides, first class transportation, great food, and an experience you'll not soon forget!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This adventure-seeking, culture-hungry and history-loving 30-something couple hates organized bus tours, but this was something else...it was nothing but awesome.

I personally hate large bus tours, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that our group was small and we could actually ask our guide and driver fun questions and actually get to know some locals. We not only learned about the region and history, but also got treated to some fun personal stories about their family life.

We got to drive through rural towns and saw some pretty amazing places (Chichen Itza, swim in a cenote, and the old town of Valladolid)! On top of that, there were plenty of snacks and drinks offered during the length of the trip, and we were allowed to stow our change of clothes/towels in the travel van.

I'll admit that they might be a bit more expensive compared to the tours offered by our resort, but I don't regret it. How else can you get personalized service and an experience that feels like a non-bus tour?

Definitely recommending this company! Thanks Eder and Omar (our bat-freaking amazing guides)!

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"main pyramid"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I took a trip to Chichen Itza with Eder and Omar as our guides. Eder really is well informed when it comes to Chichen Itza. I learned so much from him, things that surprised me, as I had read up on Chichen Itza before my trip. Both Eder and Omar were friendly and entertaining. I would not use any other tour company in Riviera Maya. They really made sure that all of their guests were well looked after.

1  Thank MaggieH5
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We wanted to book a private tour for Chichen Itza as a big group tour organised by Thomson just simply isn't our thing. Mitch was very friendly & quick to respond to e-mails, confirming our itinerary details before we left & advising details of what the day would involve.

We were picked up from the Catalonia Royal Tulum at 8am & it took around 2 & 1/2 hours to drive to Chichen Itza, & we stopped in Tulum for a short rest break before setting off. Eder was our guide for the day, & on the way, gave us some information about the Mayan Culture & then a sandwich, crisps & drinks once we arrived at the car park in Chichen Itza.

Eder then took us through to the main entrance & explained that there were hundreds of vendor stalls inside if we wanted to buy any souvenirs & then our tour began. He walked us through various parts, pointing out in great detail the history behind it & always making sure we were stood in the shade as it was very hot! He also acted as our 'official photographer' for the day:) When we left, the car park was full of coaches that had just arrived, so we were glad our tour had finished by lunchtime, as it was getting very hot indeed.

After Chichen Itza, we then went to a cenote for a look around (didn't go for a swim though as we didn't fancy that), before heading to a family run hacienda for a delicious buffet lunch. The lunch was lovely, lots of choice & because we got there before all the tour groups, it was just the 3 of us. The freshly made soft flour tortillas were so tasty.

After lunch, we stopped off in Valladolid for a wander round & did some shopping. We had about 50 minutes there which we felt was enough, as it was just far too hot to wander too far. We then drove back to our hotel, arriving back around 5.30pm.

Overall, we didn't think it was expensive for such a personal service that we received for the day, Eder was a fantastic guide & Mitch made everything easy to book. Would highly recommend them & will also use them for Coba / Tulum when we come back to Mexico.

1  Thank gobofraggle
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Mitch & Santo's,

What can I say! Thank you for a perfect day, it really did have everything.

We took the long day tour to Chichen Itza from Playa Del Carmen (12hours) & never wanted for a thing.

Mitch is a lovely character, easy & lovely to chat to and has so much knowledge on the area ... and where we would have been without Santo to help us out with the fantastic Mexican buffet at the most beautiful Hacienda at lunch, I have no idea!!!!

I would recommend this tour to everyone (except young children due to the duration of the day) We have some fantastic pictures and life long memories, I'm still digesting all the history and knowledge we took on board during a fun filled day!!

Jane & Dave