“Knowledgable, great value tours with top notch customer service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of YucaTreks

YucaTreks
More attraction details
Owner description: YucaTreks tours are designed to give you a fun day of local culture, history, and natural wonders and have been described as tours for people who "don't do tours". Activities we offer include excursions to Mayan archaeological sites- such as Tulum, Coba and Chichen Itza, exploring caves and caverns, snorkeling cenotes and coral reefs, snorkeling with whale sharks, sailing trips and ATV tours. Specializing in small intimate groups, we provide friendly knowledgeable guides, first class transportation, great food, and an experience you'll not soon forget!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Knowledgable, great value tours with top notch customer service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I did two tours- Chichen Itza and Coba with YucaTreks in September, both booked before I left Australia based on Trip Advisor reviews and I'm very glad I did. Mitch and the team's customer service both booking the tours, providing local information and updating me with running times due to a bad storm in the area on one of my tour days all contributed to a fantastic customer service experience.
Both tours themselves were wonderful- a passionate and knowledgable guide, friendly driver, great food and helpful with bargaining on stops where we were able to purchase items unique to the areas we visited.
All in all, these tours were the highlights of my trip to the Yucatan and I'd like to thank all the YucaTreks team for such a wonderful experience, and would highly recommend anyone considering tours in the Yucatan to engage YucaTreks as their tour provider. Muchos gracias :) Michelle.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

After reading so many bad reviews about dodgy tour operators in this area I wanted to be very careful who I choose.
Needless to say it was worth checking out the reviews on trip advisor and came out a winner by using YucaTreks!
Mitch was very helpful and informative, he wasn't pushy and that's a relief after all the hassle you get on 5th Avenue!
The tour guide was brilliant, I think his name is Eder? The transport arrived on time, food served was excellent, Eder seemed to be very passionate about his job and knowledge about Chichen itza was outstanding.
Thank you YucaTreks.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Yukatreks for the win!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Once again Mitch and crew have done a fantastic job.

Just got back from the Chichen Itza, we had Eder and Omar as our guides and drivers. Eder is extremely knowledgable about the history of the region and takes great joy and pride in telling it. Omar has a realy good singing voice, apparently from singing in karaoke bars on his time off. All of us are still waiting to see Omar dance.

Once again, in fine YucaTreks style a small group of people, 3 couples plus Eder and Omar. Tiny and very personalized. Eder made sure to point out the foods that the wife cannot eat, she has celiac's disease. Thank you Eder for being so attentive.

Chichen Itza was spectacular! The Cenote we went to was awesome! Too bad I can't post pictures. The restaurant we stopped at was fantastic! I tried a bit of every dish and it was astounding!

This is our 2nd time using YucaTreks and we will keep on using them. Maybe one of these days Mitch, we will get to Tulum! LOL! !

Cindy and Morgan

Missoula, MT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tulum and Beyond-Simply THE BEST!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a long overdue review(March 2013)...First, I have to say that my booking experience with Mitch was fantastic! The tour we chose based on his recommendation was perfect! The price was less expensive than the other tour companies and the quality was far superior! I can honestly say that we got far more than we paid for!! For the high class snobs, I am certain that this would not meet your 5 star qualifications but for the real adventurists that are interested in the experience, you will not be sorry!!!
Stephen,our tour guide was absolutely AMAZING!! He was well educated and was a great source of information on the history of Tulum as we as the Cenotes. There was never question he didn't have an answer for. He was very genuine and was never in a hurry to rush the tour. This tour was truly about "us" and not about following a tight schedule.
The private beach in Tulum was beyond my wildest dreams...If I could do it all over again, I would have stayed on that beach all day!! We had the most amazing home cooked lunch with baked chicken, fresh guacamole, fresh fruits and beverages galore!! It was was a simple lunch but so delicious!!
Snorkeling in the Cenotes was an amazing experience and I can't wait to go again! They were not crowded, it was perfect!
Going to the ruins in Tulum in the early morning was the key to avoiding the tourist crowds. Mitch definitely has the timing down on the tours to avoid tourist traps!!
I wish I could remember our driver, he was a local and made the most amazing guacamole I have ever had!!
If anyone wants the BEST tour guide, ask for Stephen!!
Thanks again, Mitch and crew for such an amazing experience!! We WILL be back next spring!! Happy Trekking!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Breni406
Liverpool
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Eder the wonder-guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We wanted to book a few trips during a two week visit to Playa Del Carmen, and came across YukaTreks and recognised the name from its Tripadvisor reviews.
The Canadian gentleman (whose name I forget – sorry!) in the office, advised what trips were available, the itinerary, and the costs without any hard sell at all. He was very pleasant.
We decided on the Chichen Itza tour, which included a visit to a Cenote, lunch in a Hacienda, and a stop off in Valladolid.
Pickup was from our hotel in a small people carrier early in the morning, we then went to a futher three hotels to collect the rest of our small group. Then we were on our way.
It was a 2.5 hour drive to Chichen Itza, so we stopped on the way for a rest break. On the journey, our guide ‘Eder’ made everyone feel very welcome, and explained the itinerary for the day. He gave some background history to Mayan Culture, and then gave everyone sandwiches and drinks.
When we arrived in Chichen Itza, Eder took us to various points of the site, and explained in great detail its history. It was an absolutely boiling hot and humid day, and it did become difficult to stand in one place, but Eder’s passion for the culture and the site maintained everyone’s interest. It was a very interesting experience.
We then toddled off to a cenote where were given time to swim. I can’t remember the name of the actual cenote, but it was fantastic fun, and very beautiful.

Next it was off to a Hacienda for a Mayan buffet lunch. By this time it had started to rain, and a lightning storm was in full effect. We had the dining hall to ourselves, and it was awesome to sit inside whilst the rain lashed it down, and the thunder boomed around us. This was one of my favourite moments of our trip. The food was absolutely delightful, with a massive choice, all explained to us by the ever enthusiastic Eder.
Finally we stopped off in Valladolid for an hour to do some shopping and have a look around. I am glad it had been included on this trip, as we had planned to stay the day there independently. Apart from some shops and the main square, there wasn’t an enormous amount to do, so an hour was just about right.
All in all, it was a fairly expensive trip when compared to what some other tour operator are offering, but I think it is worth it as you get such a personal service. Eder was so passionate, that it felt like he was taking out friends who had come to visit him as opposed to a tour group. It never felt scripted, or like he was going through the motions. He genuinely seemed proud of the Mayan culture, and wanted to share it with us.
Definitely recommended!