“A Great trip with a Great company”
Review of YucaTreks

YucaTreks
More attraction details
Owner description: YucaTreks tours are designed to give you a fun day of local culture, history, and natural wonders and have been described as tours for people who "don't do tours". Activities we offer include excursions to Mayan archaeological sites- such as Tulum, Coba and Chichen Itza, exploring caves and caverns, snorkeling cenotes and coral reefs, snorkeling with whale sharks, sailing trips and ATV tours. Specializing in small intimate groups, we provide friendly knowledgeable guides, first class transportation, great food, and an experience you'll not soon forget!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We recently went on the Tulum and Beyond trip with Eder as our guide. We truly enjoyed the trip and it was a highlight of our vacation. Eder was very knowledgable about the Mayan culture and he made this trip particularly enjoyable (along with the driver whose name i do not recall). We learned alot at the ruins and then had a great swim in a cenote and a relaxing lunch at the beach. We finished with a second cenote where we got to jump off a small cliff. I would highly recomend this first class company to anyone who asked.

1  Thank clip3
in 10 reviews
"main pyramid"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had a wonderful tour of Chichen Itza with Yucatreks! We left from Playa del Carmen early (recommended to avoid crowds), but still it was a long (read: thoroughly enjoyable, but a bit tiring) day. Afterwards, they take you to a cenote for a nice swim, feed you good eats, and stop off in Valladolid for a quick tour.

Eder (?...spelling...) is one of the best guides I've ever toured with. Normally I hate large tours, but this was a smaller group (9 or so) and he was so enthusiastic about the history and culture of the peninsula it was a very engaging and pleasant experience.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Five years ago we went with Mitch (Yuca Treks) to Chichen Itza and Tulum and we had the best time. On July 11, we went to Coba with Martin and Omar and we had a great time. Martin provided us with a lot of information, which I loved being that I am a teacher. The day was very relaxed and the pace was perfect. Omar was a great driver and even spotted some crocodiles for us, which was very exciting. They were a great pair and they made the day even better for us. I really cannot say enough good things about them. They were funny, happy, knowledgeable and I felt very safe with them. As always, we were provided with great service and a great adventure. Yucatreks always pushes me beyond my limits and that is what I love most about you guys. Swimming in the Cenotes can be overwhelming at times, but again Martin and Omar made you feel so comfortable that any fears you may have quickly subside. They made us feel like family!!

On July 17th, we did the Sea to Cenote Tour with Noel and we had the same experience. Noel was great with us especially being that this was our first time snorkeling. He was very patient and a great teacher. At one point, a person on the tour started panicking when we were in the underground cave and Noel calmly talked him down and blew up his life vest before the rest of us started panicking. At another point my underwater camera broke and Noel pulled over to a store so that I could buy another camera for snorkeling with the Turtles. It was an extremely nice thing to do especially since swimming with the Turtles was one of the best experiences I have ever had!! Noel was just like Martin and Omar. He was extremely nice, patient, happy, funny and knowledgeable. They were everything you would possibly want in tour guides and they are definitely who you would want on an excursion with you.

1  Thank Jaime S
Reviewed July 29, 2013

What an amazing day! Eder, our favorite person that we met on our trip to Mexico, was fantastic. He is so into everything that he teaches, it's impossible to not pay attention. Before this trip, I thought I knew a decent amount about the Mayans, but I was wrong. I probably doubled the information I had known prior to this trip. He even personally explained what each dish was during our lunch at the hacienda. There was never a moment where I felt 'lost' or didn't know what was going on. He laid out the plan for the day right from the start and always kept us in the loop as to what was going to happen next.

The cenote was equally amazing. So nice to swim in fresh water after swimming in the ocean the prior couple of days.

All in all, this excursion was well worth the money and the small group setting makes it feel as though you're visiting with a group of friends as opposed to on a tour. Great day! If we're ever in Mexico again, we will certainly be booking another day with Yuca Treks (and will probably request to have Eder again)!