“Fantastic "Tulum and Beyond" Tour”
Review of YucaTreks

YucaTreks
More attraction details
Owner description: YucaTreks tours are designed to give you a fun day of local culture, history, and natural wonders and have been described as tours for people who "don't do tours". Activities we offer include excursions to Mayan archaeological sites- such as Tulum, Coba and Chichen Itza, exploring caves and caverns, snorkeling cenotes and coral reefs, snorkeling with whale sharks, sailing trips and ATV tours. Specializing in small intimate groups, we provide friendly knowledgeable guides, first class transportation, great food, and an experience you'll not soon forget!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 18, 2012

They say everything happens for a reason. Well, that may be what happened to my wife and I prior to our trip to the Yucatan Peninsula in September 2012. We had reserved two spots on the "Sea to Cenote" tour through YucaTreks because we wanted to snorkel in Akumal Bay with the turtles and swim in the cenotes. We greatly appreciated in that the YucaTreks representative told us in advance that the tour had a minimum participant requirement and that it hadn't been met at the time of our booking. We checked back a week before we were to arrive in Mexico and they still hadn't reached their required number, so we decided to switch to the "Tulum and Beyond" tour. We knew we wanted to see the Tulum ruins and we already had our heart set on snorkeling in the cenotes, so we were still plenty excited about this tour's itinerary.

The tour guides were prompt to pick us up at our resort the morning of our tour and we stopped at two other hotels in Playa del Carmen to get the rest of the tour group. The whole tour was fantastic. I won't give away too many details about the locations themselves because my wife and I like to show up and have our own initial reactions without knowing every last detail. I will say that our guides (I really wish I remembered their names) were incredible. The both spoke English very well and had a lot of great stories and information to help pass the time in the van during the driving between points of interest. They also made an amazing, authentic Mexican lunch for us on a beach in Tulum that was one of the best meals I had during our entire trip.

The Apple Vacations representative at our resort tried to make my wife and I feel guilty for not booking the excursion through them, but I'm glad we listened to the recommendations here on Trip Advisor and stuck with our original plan. If we ever visit the Yucatan area again, there's a good chance we'll try again to go on the Sea to Cenote tour, because if it's anything like this one it'll be a memorable day.

1  Thank RMIgolfer

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Staff great! Had lots of information on Chichen Itza and Maya culture.
Very orangised trip, went to cenote under ground pool, and visited Maya village.
Lots of drinks and snack on board.

1  Thank Sparkkyy
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I can't think of anything to add - all the other Yuca Treks reviews have already covered it all. Omar and Eder were terrific and gave us a great history lesson. There were 6 of us in the van and we essentially had a private tour - much nicer that being on a 50-passenger bus. I can't think of a better way to see Chichen Itza.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I and another couple did the Tulum & Beyond tour with Mitch and Omar. The tour itself was awesome. Gran Cenote snorkle is one of my favorite places on Earth! Our guide at Tulum was very knowledgable and spoke great English. Mitch really lets the group set the pace for the tour (especially as this was our second one). We opted to skip the second snorkle and just hang out at the beach longer. The meal was wonderful, the company was fantastic, and we never felt like we were on an "excursion". Just being taken around by some friendly locals :) Mitch even asked us if we wanted to stop at a local taquiera that most tourists don't get to experience. Best tacos of my life! Thank you again, Mitch. We reccommend you highly to everyone we talk to about Mexico, and we will be back again in June!

1  Thank Amber S
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went on the Mystic Chichen Itza/Valladolid tour taking in a breath taking Cenote.There was also a Mexican meal ,snacks in the bus available whenever you required one.I can not praise the driver and guide for their knowledge of the sites we visited.We were a party of three adults and I was the oldest on the tour and probably the least fit ,however they were helpful at all times and the care and attentiveness was truly kind.
Please be assured money spent on private trips is worth while,I know that it is a little daunting to book a trip yourself as us Brits usually are brainwashed to use the tour operator that you went on holiday with.Please Do Not forget That for example Thomas Cook or Thomson Reps make their money and commission on you booking your trips with them.The private trips with Yuca Treks is Safe and please enjoy.There are benefits that large parties can not give you.That personal touch beating huge coach trips,tailoring the trip more for the parties on board.There were only 9 People in Party and we all got on well.If i go back to Mexico would certainly use again WELL DONE Yuca Treks Regards Gail

1  Thank kathrynCountyDurham