“Inspirational Hotel”

Ranked #140 of 214 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Sylhet, Bangladesh
“Inspirational Hotel”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

What an inspiration hotel. My stay here over Christmas was just plain awesome. I particularly loved the spa. So beautiful. So relaxing. The staff were super nice. The gym was clean. The beach was lovely. And what can I say about the design – you will be wowed at every turn in this beautifully designed and beautifully adorned destination. Incredible art. This is truly a premiere destination in Playa Del Carmen. I will be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AnantaKumarDam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hebrew first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The hotel was very nice- interesting art in the rooms and a spacious, modern and clean room. The showers had two shower heads, but no privacy whatsoever (none within the bathroom and no door between the shower/sink area and the main bedroom). The only real issue with the hotel would be that it is too close to the disco, so it was very noisy at night. If you need to sleep without interruption and booming bass(or without ear plugs etc), I'd suggest going elsewhere.

Our experience with the staff was that they were very nice. The breakfast is included and a block or so away at a restaurant. We had reserved at Mosquito Blue, but for some reason they were overbooked so they put us in this hotel instead.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank georgierocks
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've been staying one week in this hotel and I was very disapointing. The room was not really beautiful, not convenient and very noisy, the bed was dreadfull. The worse thing for me was the staff, they aren't very nice during my stay.One day I asked Oscar from the reception desk to send for me my 10 postcards because I didn't find a mailbox aroud the hotel, he said yes, it was 3 months ago almost 4 and nobody of my relatives received the postcards. We can't trust them!!! It's a shame.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kelly w

Travelers are raving about these Playa del Carmen hotels

Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at In Fashion for 8 days (Sept 28-Oct 5). The weather was great and the hotel was super trendy, clean, friendly and very catering to everything. The AC was so nice and always very cool :) It was pretty quiet since we went during off season, but the party still went off some nights. Its def a place to stay if you like nightlife or just nightowls in general. I wouldnt say its for children. All of the pictures on their website are accurate and true to what it really looks like. I would def go back and stay there and also tell friends/family to check it out! We connected with Rene, the bar tender! He was the best always making sure we had everything we needed and telling us little hotspots to check out :) It was a really great and fun trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank M0llyD0lly
Lyon, France
Reviewed September 22, 2012

It's the worst hotel I've ever seen, very loud (night and morning), dirty towels, staff not very nice, they just don't care if you have a problem, by the windows you see garbage! It was such a terrible experience! So just one advice : Do not choose this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Nelly G
puebla
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The hotel is perfectly located. Just to bas that both bars downstairs were closed, also that walking in those empty spaces are not very inviting. The rooms are spacious but need LOTS of maintenance. The roof top pool is in pretty bad shape and the terrace needs some major upkeeping...
DON'T trust the pictures on the hotels web site, why they got the award who knows... The breakfaste at the restaurants that they give you coupons for are HORRIBLE, we went once then rather payes for breakfast

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank marc203
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This review is long overdue, I got this hotel as a groupon deal and quickly visited tripadvisor to read the reviews and most said NOISY so I wasn't deterred. Upon my arrival I was greeted by the warmest staff ever, from the bellman ,to conceirge and housekeeping. I was sold from the lobby and as soon as I saw my room I knew I had made the right decision.
I must say I was travelling alone, so I ventured out a lot and was given good advise by the staff. The noise was never an issue for me since I went out every evening partying myself so I would return to my room and just fall right asleep in my extremely comfy bed. But after seeing the hotel's location I'm not sure why would anyone expect it to be extremely quiet, it is located in club central with night clubs opposite the street and a bar downstairs that sometimes have events also, including one during my stay.
Again as a solo traveller , the bellman certainly took care of me once he saw me approaching the hotel he would look out for me and if it seem like someone was following me , he would always walk me all the way to my room. I was always thankful for the staff they made me feel very relaxed and safe. Also, I on several occasions personally saw the security patrolling the facility, so even though someone else mentioned lights being out during late night , while you are sleeping someone is walking around constantly checking the grounds.
Another thing I loved about this hotel was the breakfast options, you got to pick from Wicky's beach club and a brazilian spot and none didn't disappoint. The food and service at either location was splendid. The brazilian ipanema is buffet though and Beach club has a menu to order from but it was all delicious.
There's nothing more to say to except I wish i got to enjoy this sexy hotel with someone special because it truly was lovely.So, if you looking for a hotel conveniently located , amazing decor and friendly staff, this is it..... its not for people looking for a quiet, romantic feel but if you plan on being out and taking in the nightlife perfect.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo