“Great hotel. Worth every cent.”

In Fashion Hotel Boutique
Ranked #141 of 214 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great hotel. Worth every cent.”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

A very good hotel, in the city central. We recommending on the spa suit.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank meeir8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hebrew first
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I reserved the master suite, when I arrived I have told that my master suite wasn't ready yet, I had to wait until 3:00 pm. At the end they gave me a junior suite because they didn't have the Master suite available, after my discussion with the front desk she just told me that they cannot do anything because they don't have that suite available, they offer me a massage but I chose this hotel because the master suite have a jacuzzi.
I couldn't sleep, it was so noisy, people outsite and inside the hotel were screaming all night long.
Worst hotel ever.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, but the problem is that the swimming pool is next to the rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gabriel C

Travelers are raving about these Playa del Carmen hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2012

In Fashion has a great website- it looks sleek and high end. The staff were pleasant enough, however the hotel itself was quite tatty in parts- not what you would expect. The room smelt damp. The worse thing about the hotel is that at night it is SO loud. Upon checking in I asked if were in a quiet room- the front desk said that it shouldnt be a problem as it was not a peak time. the music the base the shouting went on till at least 7am- we had ear plugs in- we ended up checking out a day early and paying for the room for that night. If you dont plan on sleeping on your holiday then this is the holiday for you.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Parami
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2012

One of the worst hotel experiences I've encountered.
I was staying here to celebrate NYE 2012.
We arrived, they didn't have my reservation. I of course had a copy which I had to email the lady on reception.
I was given the last room. Lucky me...or so I thought.
I had to go back to reception three times as the key didn't work (turned out I didn't need it anyway as all we had to do is push the door hard and it opened)
For several hundred U.S Dollars you would perhaps expect a toilet seat? If the room has a plasma screen it would make sense to have a remote (don't bother calling reception for it thou as it will never arrive)
I thought I might go to the gym to work of some steam, I asked for a Map of the area so I could get to gym. It was my first time in Playa Del Carmen and indeed Mexico. No maps. I was pointed in a direction and told it was about three blocks in that way. Some effort or more assistance would have been nice after a long flight.

What they also failed to mention is that the club downstairs has music playing until the early hours, even with ear plugs the rumble of the bass can be felt through floors and deep into any nightmare.
Thankfully me and my friends moved into an apartment first thing in the morn. Of course there were problems checking out, they apparently charged me $30 less then they should have. There was no way I was going to hand over any cash to the reception staff after the horrific hotel experience.
They told me they would just charge the card used for a reservation.
All I could think about was getting out of there.
In Fashion hotel? Outta your mind.

P.S I never did find the gym

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank Azimm
sonhomeu
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Although it was New Year's and there was a DJ festival (which meant going to bed with loud music and even waking up to loud music still going in the morning!), this hotel was an overall great experience. The hotel is very modern and classy, and we loved our spotless room with an amazing bathroom, and the rooftop deck with view and pool. The staff was always very friendly, smiling and hospitable. The hotel is close to the beach and Quinta Avenida and every price range of restaurants imaginable....we ate lots of delicious Mexican food! We had a rental car and even found street parking without a problem.

Unfortunately we booked a king and got a room with two double beds (apparently the hotel was sold out for New Year's weekend). Also, we were given breakfast tickets the first day (to a Brazilian restaurant around the corner with a delicious breakfast buffet with all sorts of options, both sweet and savory, Mexican and international, tropical fruits, etc., and we thought it was a one time thing - free breakfast). On our last day as we were heading out to see Tulum (pyramid site) early in the morning, the concierge asked if we wanted breakfast tickets. I asked why we weren't offered them everyday, or given them all at the beginning, and was told because people lose them. But nowhere did it say breakfast was included daily. Shame on us for not asking, but it would have been nice if somebody had told us just in case!

So...if you book this place, make sure you know there is a rooftop area to hang out, that breakfast is included, you may not get the room you requested, and that it is not in a quiet area at all. If you want a beautiful, modern, well-located (to shopping, restaurants, the beach, nightlife, etc.) hotel though, this is a great one and we really enjoyed the experience and the place, despite the constant dance music and lack of communication by the staff as to the hotel's amenities.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sonhomeu
beirut
Reviewed January 5, 2012

You should Take a romm with a blacony because its a differnt experience,
the staff was very kind and helpful,
the breakfast area is across the street, not the best breakfast but u can try a lot of the cafes that are on the 5th avenue,,,
the location of the hotel is amazing its close to everything
i had a very nice stay and i woul definitely recommend it
enjoy!!!

Room Tip: a room with a balcony on the 3rd floor it has an amazing view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Service was crap, nothing is what it says or looks like on web, loud, no closets, no hair dryer, frige didnt work, towels where dirty, no coffee maker, no gym, no sleep number bed, no DVD player. Booked room with 2 double beds and ended up with one king and a cot. Worst hotel I have ever stayed at bar non

• Stayed January 2012