All reviews location close to the beach tiny bathroom hotel is located location is great the hotel is clean front desk staff the hotel manager coffee maker king size bed avenue quinta
Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

Paid for a wi-fi room, never had it in five days! Day after day they would say the company would fix it and it wasn't their responsibility... Obviously it is their responsibility and of course wi-fi was never fixed.
First early morning at the hotel, the receptionist simply used his keys to get into our room! While we were sleeping!! We immediately woke up and asked him what was he doing, he just closed the door (without locking it) and ran through the dark and horrible corridor.
On top of this there was a very disgusting and unbearable smell in the room coming from the bathroom, they said they'd fix it, but again they never did. I was told this smell is common in Playa del Carmen, but when we moved to a different hotel for the rest of our stay, that smell was not there, at all!
We spoke to all of the receptionists who would never call the manager. Their only recompense to us was half a basket of 'fresh' fruit. Literally, it was a large basket with 5 fruits, I honestly believed it was a mean joke.
Also their concept of a 'continental breakfast' is clearly not the same as mine. Their breakfast was in a restaurant couple of meters away and offered: one glass of juice, one cup of tea or coffee together with bread and butter.
To finalize this horrible experience they overcharged me after I left, which was a huge mess to get fixed as the manager wouldn't even reply to booking which was where I made the reservation.
Please do yourself a favor and book any other hotel in or close the 5th avenue, but not this one.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vgonzalezfernandez
Reviewed May 14, 2016

I saw this hotel on Groupon for a great deal and I saw that it had pretty decent reviews. I booked the reservation back in February for four night from May 6 - May 10. Me and my boyfriend were very excited for the trip. After traveling for several hours and getting off of our terrible flight, our shuttle brought us to the hotel which is in an excellent location. It's close to the beach, restaurants, drinks, and the area is very lively so we were excited to just put our bags down and explore the area and find something to eat because we were starving. We walk into the hotel and we're greeted however they said that our room is not available due to a rain storm that apparently happened the night before and there were electrical issues with the room so they had to place us in another hotel. That was a big disappointment . They got us a room at Angelo's Hotel which was about 10min away and not anywhere near 5th Ave. We were told if we wanted to go anywhere that we would be reimbursed if we needed to use a taxi. We were also told that we would be picked up the next day at 12pm to bring us back to Hotel El Punto. So the first night we attempted to walk to 5th Ave, which is about a 20min walk, but we were so tired that we just ended up at a local restaurant to eat which wasn't very appetizing. We went back to the room, where we also had a lovely view of an automobile junk yard and just hung out. The next morning we decided to take a cab to 5th Ave for breakfast and we spent 120 pesos each way. So we then sat around waiting for someone to come pick us up from Angelo's however we did not get a ride until about 1pm after we asked someone at Angelo's Hotel to follow up with Hotel El Punto. Once we got back to the hotel we were told again by Francisco that we would be reimbursed for the taxi fare that we paid. We finally get to the room and it seemed smaller than what we saw advertised. We thought there would have been a balcony however there was just a large window that couldn't be opened. For anyone who has bad indoor allergies that's definitely something that you should consider before booking. I had to be on my prescription medication due to the air quality in the room. The floors also seemed like they were not cleaned properly because there was hair all over the floor in the room as well as in the bathroom floor and the shower. Otherwise I guess the room was decent for the price that we paid. The bed is also low to the ground and is very firm. Other wise the location is great, everything is in walking distance and convenient. There did seem to be some noise but what else would you expect if a hotel is located on a busy street. The only noise that really bothered me was someone singing in the hallway during late hours. I'm not sure if it was someone staying there or if it was someone going to the bar on the roof. When we checked out, we asked again about being reimbursed for the taxis and there was another representative at the desk who called the manager and stated that I would get an email that day about being compensated which I have also yet to receive. Also when we were checking out we were told that we could have gotten breakfast from the restaurant on the rooftop and we were never aware of that until it was too late. I really liked the time I spent in Playa del Carmen even though the hotel stay was quite disappointing. I was only going to go for three days but my boyfriend talked me into booking four days instead, which we ended up losing out on anyway. The Wifi also did not work too great and was in and out.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz E
Reviewed May 12, 2016

This was my fifth time staying at El Punto. I was very pleased with my visit. Francisco the front desk manager is always so nice and accommodating. It's a great boutique hotel we stayed in a family suite with balcony, and a junior suite... Its a great price and the best location. Rooms are cozy and chic, wood floors, exposed brick walls...staff is very friendly and welcoming

Room Tip: Comfy beds, great location, 1 block to the beach!
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2016

y wife and I were ther from April 15 thru 22, 2016. Not impressed. The hotel counts everything from a roll of toilet paper, bar of soap, towels, etc. They kind of nickel and dime you for just about everything including coffee, water. And, it is not what is advertised. Most all amenities such as lighting and fixtures are either not working or not taken care of very well. Not well maintain. Floors were dirty. You had to walk around in sandals or shoes or risk carrying dirt onto your bed at night. On a positive note, situated right on 5th avenue.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2016

We really enjoyed our stay at El punto . We got a room upgrade to a master room which was very comfy . People are really warm welcoming . If ever i visit Playa del Carmen again , will definitely like to stay in El punto .

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends