“Gaycation paradise”

Hotel El Punto
Ranked #137 of 213 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
“Gaycation paradise”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Loved this hotel! My partner and I stayed here after purchasing the groupon deal for the master suite for a three night stay. We were put in the a room with a balcony and a great view of the street and the beach. We absolutely loved it because we were able to hear mariachi music and all types of performances from our room. However, if you are someone who prefers peace and quiet by 10pm this might not be the best hotel for you since it is in the middle of everything and cab get pretty loud. Otherwise, the service was great! Lula and Roberto were wonderful and super helpful! We felt very safe and my partner and I had no issues at the hotel or at the beach. Beware wifi was a bit of an issue and did not work in our room. However it always worked in the lobby and they have a desktop computer for their patrons. Complimentary breakfast at Mi Pueblo was superb but keep in mind that you still need to pay tip. In addition, the rooftop bar/restaurant on top of the hotel had great pizza! Overall, wonderful stay and we couldn't have asked for better room or better service.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank marti20v
Blanca B, General Manager at Hotel El Punto, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hola dear Marti20v and thank you so much for taking time to write about your experience with us at Hotel El Punto. For us was a pleasure hosting you and we hope to have you again soon in the near future. We remain at your service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hotel el Punto has a great location in Playa. The staff, minus the restaurant staff was extreamly helpful and knowledgable. The room was clean and comfortable, but the walls are paper thin. If you plan to go to bed before midnight... bring ear plugs. The restaurant upstairs on the rooftop was over priced and the staff seemed unhappy o be there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MNevermann
Hola dear MNevermann and thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. I have passed your comments along to the restaurant and they have taken actions since your comment. I truly hope you can come to visit us again soon. We remain always at your service.
Bergen
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at El Punto for five nights. The location is great if you want to stay near the beach and the busy nightlife. We had the master suite which was one of the best rooms with a big terrace facing the pedestrian street. The room was clean and lovely, and it had a coffee machine. The service at the hotel was very good and they could help with anything; booking trips, find restaurants etc. We had a great experience here.

1 Thank Anja B
Blanca B, General Manager at Hotel El Punto, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hola Miss Anja B and thank you so much for taking time to write about your experience at our Boutique Hotel El Punto. For us was a pleasure hosting you and we hope to have you again soon. We remain at your service!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed a Hotel El Punto and had a wonderful stay. We were able to book our airport transfer through the hotel and the check in/check out process was very easy as well. The staff at the hotel go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and provide everything that you need. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Roberto who was very accommodating and even offered to make local calls to confirm travel plans, reservations and an excursion that we booked. Every staff member we met was just as friendly and very welcoming. Prior to our arrival, I read several reviews that did not rate the hotel as excellent; however, I disagreed with many of the comments based on our stay. Individuals who complained were dissatisfied with the following: customer service, noise and their room. I don't want this review to get too lengthy but we did not experience these concerns. As far as customer service, based on our experience with EVERY staff member, we were always treated with respect, kindness and courtesy. I honestly could not imagine anyone at Hotel El Punto being unkind to any guest. As far as noise goes, all I can say is that you are in Mexico and you should embrace and enjoy Mexican culture. We never went to bed before 1AM which is when the upstairs bar closes but we could hear the music when we stopped in our room at night. The noise was not bad at all. In addition there was a live Mariachi band playing across from the hotel nightly. They could be a bit loud, but again, I found their music to be enjoyable and a nice reminder that if I was hearing them that meant I was in my room and not out enjoying this beautiful city. Finally, I read reviews about room issues. Again, no problems here. The room was very nice and clean, What you see in the photos is exactly what you get in the room. Additionally, breakfast was terrific at Mi Pueblo and La Azotea (rooftop bar) is great as well. Overall, I would say that if you book this hotel, you will be happy. Being a visitor to Mexico, I was very nervous about travel, especially after reading some of the other reviews. I e-mailed back and forth with the staff at-least 15 times with questions. Each time, my e-mails were responded to in a professional and timely manner and all of my questions were answered. I would simply suggest calling or e-mailing them if you have questions or concerns. If you book this hotel, you will have a great stay:)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 15. Noise was not bad at all from the rooftop bar, but you could hear the mariachi...
2 Thank Robert G
Hola Mr. Robert G. and first of all, thank you for choosing our Hotel El Punto for your upcoming stay. We truly appreciate your kind comments and wonderful experience about your stay with us. We are devoted to our clients as is what we enjoy the most in this industry. We hope to host you again soon in the near future and once again thank you!
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very nice hotel, very well designed, Location can't get better I think its the best location in Playa Del Carmen, staff are very friendly, the room is huge. The bar on the rooftop is fantastic.

There was no internet in my room I had to go to the lobby every time I need connection

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Blanca B, General Manager at Hotel El Punto, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Nasharahmed, thank you for choosing Hotel El Punto and we are happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us. We apologize regarding the inconvenience with internet, as we only have one company service option(Telmex) available in Mexico, is something tricky for us. However we do have strong internet access as well as a computer in the lobby for our guests to get connected as well in case this occurs. Once again thank you, we truly apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to host you again in the near future. We remain always at your service.
Killeen
Reviewed June 21, 2013

First let me begin with my review, prior to me arriving I was emailing Hotel El Punto front desk, trying to arrange tours/trips etc. in Playa. They (Roberto/Julio/Lula) were very timely with answering all my questions and quick to respond. The hotel believes in great customer service and attention to detail with their guest!

Now, let's talk about the hotel, if you are looking for a large kid friendly resort, this is not the place for you, but, if you are looking for a boutique hotel, with wonderful modern deco, friendly staff and someone at the front desk 24 hours, this place is for you. Everytime we left the hotel and returned, we were greeted by name personally, not sure about you, but this made of difference to us. We love the personalization we recieved daily by the staff. When we checked out, we were greeted by Blanca the Operational Manager, who had a "thank you" for visiting email waiting in my inbox upon our return to the states.

The hotel is located on 5th street and 8th Ave., which is the center of everything, resturants, shops, stores and about 2 blocks to the beach.

2 Thank FortynTexas T
FortynTexas T; THANK YOU so much for choosing our boutique Hotel El Punto for your past stay. It was a pleasure hosting you and your family and we are truly looking forward to host you again in the near future. We remain at your service.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am a regular traveler to Playa del Carmen and have visited this town since 1998. Even though I mainly stay at my own place, I sometimes like to try the boutique hotels. Let me tell you, I just came back from a wonderful stay at Hotel El Punto. Is very centrally located on 5th Avenue next to all Playa del Carmen attractions. Walking distance from everything, including the beach. The staff was amazing at all times and I have to give a special thanks to Vicky from housekeeping department who was always attentive to my needs. Cleaninless, service and stay was great and cant wait to be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diego D
Hola Mr. Diego and thank you so much for your kind comments and for choosing Hotel El Punto for your upcoming stay. I will certainly pass them to all our staff and we are looking forward to host you again in the near future.