“Outstanding Stay and Exceptional Staff”
Review of Hotel El Punto

Hotel El Punto
Ranked #143 of 213 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed a Hotel El Punto and had a wonderful stay. We were able to book our airport transfer through the hotel and the check in/check out process was very easy as well. The staff at the hotel go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and provide everything that you need. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Roberto who was very accommodating and even offered to make local calls to confirm travel plans, reservations and an excursion that we booked. Every staff member we met was just as friendly and very welcoming. Prior to our arrival, I read several reviews that did not rate the hotel as excellent; however, I disagreed with many of the comments based on our stay. Individuals who complained were dissatisfied with the following: customer service, noise and their room. I don't want this review to get too lengthy but we did not experience these concerns. As far as customer service, based on our experience with EVERY staff member, we were always treated with respect, kindness and courtesy. I honestly could not imagine anyone at Hotel El Punto being unkind to any guest. As far as noise goes, all I can say is that you are in Mexico and you should embrace and enjoy Mexican culture. We never went to bed before 1AM which is when the upstairs bar closes but we could hear the music when we stopped in our room at night. The noise was not bad at all. In addition there was a live Mariachi band playing across from the hotel nightly. They could be a bit loud, but again, I found their music to be enjoyable and a nice reminder that if I was hearing them that meant I was in my room and not out enjoying this beautiful city. Finally, I read reviews about room issues. Again, no problems here. The room was very nice and clean, What you see in the photos is exactly what you get in the room. Additionally, breakfast was terrific at Mi Pueblo and La Azotea (rooftop bar) is great as well. Overall, I would say that if you book this hotel, you will be happy. Being a visitor to Mexico, I was very nervous about travel, especially after reading some of the other reviews. I e-mailed back and forth with the staff at-least 15 times with questions. Each time, my e-mails were responded to in a professional and timely manner and all of my questions were answered. I would simply suggest calling or e-mailing them if you have questions or concerns. If you book this hotel, you will have a great stay:)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 15. Noise was not bad at all from the rooftop bar, but you could hear the mariachi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robert G
Blanca B, General Manager at Hotel El Punto, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hola Mr. Robert G. and first of all, thank you for choosing our Hotel El Punto for your upcoming stay. We truly appreciate your kind comments and wonderful experience about your stay with us. We are devoted to our clients as is what we enjoy the most in this industry. We hope to host you again soon in the near future and once again thank you!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very nice hotel, very well designed, Location can't get better I think its the best location in Playa Del Carmen, staff are very friendly, the room is huge. The bar on the rooftop is fantastic.

There was no internet in my room I had to go to the lobby every time I need connection

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Blanca B, General Manager at Hotel El Punto, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Nasharahmed, thank you for choosing Hotel El Punto and we are happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us. We apologize regarding the inconvenience with internet, as we only have one company service option(Telmex) available in Mexico, is something tricky for us. However we do have strong internet access as well as a computer in the lobby for our guests to get connected as well in case this occurs. Once again thank you, we truly apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to host you again in the near future. We remain always at your service.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

First let me begin with my review, prior to me arriving I was emailing Hotel El Punto front desk, trying to arrange tours/trips etc. in Playa. They (Roberto/Julio/Lula) were very timely with answering all my questions and quick to respond. The hotel believes in great customer service and attention to detail with their guest!

Now, let's talk about the hotel, if you are looking for a large kid friendly resort, this is not the place for you, but, if you are looking for a boutique hotel, with wonderful modern deco, friendly staff and someone at the front desk 24 hours, this place is for you. Everytime we left the hotel and returned, we were greeted by name personally, not sure about you, but this made of difference to us. We love the personalization we recieved daily by the staff. When we checked out, we were greeted by Blanca the Operational Manager, who had a "thank you" for visiting email waiting in my inbox upon our return to the states.

The hotel is located on 5th street and 8th Ave., which is the center of everything, resturants, shops, stores and about 2 blocks to the beach.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FortynTexas T

FortynTexas T; THANK YOU so much for choosing our boutique Hotel El Punto for your past stay. It was a pleasure hosting you and your family and we are truly looking forward to host you again in the near future. We remain at your service.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am a regular traveler to Playa del Carmen and have visited this town since 1998. Even though I mainly stay at my own place, I sometimes like to try the boutique hotels. Let me tell you, I just came back from a wonderful stay at Hotel El Punto. Is very centrally located on 5th Avenue next to all Playa del Carmen attractions. Walking distance from everything, including the beach. The staff was amazing at all times and I have to give a special thanks to Vicky from housekeeping department who was always attentive to my needs. Cleaninless, service and stay was great and cant wait to be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diego D

Hola Mr. Diego and thank you so much for your kind comments and for choosing Hotel El Punto for your upcoming stay. I will certainly pass them to all our staff and we are looking forward to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at Hotel El Punto with a friend and we had a great time. Although the hotel is not right on the beach, it is literally steps away. The hotel is located right on the main strip in Playa, with miles of restaurants, bars, and shops. With our Groupon deal, we got free breakfast at Mi Pueblo, which is right across the street and delicious. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go back and stay here again!!

Thank you Lula and Hotel el Punto for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Bcalves
Blanca B, General Manager at Hotel El Punto, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear BCalves, we are really pleased to hear that your experience with us was a nice one and we are thankful that you took time to write about it. In behalf of Lula and all our Boutique El Punto Hotel, we thank that you have chosen us and we are looking forward to host you again soon in the near future!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was my third stay in Hotel El Punto and I've never been disappointed. The staff is very warm and welcoming. The rooms are contemporary, spacious with comfortable beds. Like I said, this was my 3rd time staying in this hotel while traveling alone. The location is close enough to all the bars and nightclubs that you can go out at night and walk back to the hotel late without concern. The best restaurants, cafes, shopping and the beach are right outside the front door. The beach clubs are wonderful - Zenzi, Wicky's and my favorite is Indigo. You'll definitely enjoy your stay at El Punto. Can't wait to go back next May!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JetsetterNat
Blanca B, General Manager at Hotel El Punto, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Miss Nat, we are extremely happy to have hosted you and also that you have shared your experience about your stay. For all our staff it has been a pleasure to have you with us and we are looking forward to host you again soon in the near future. Always at your service.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I recently bought the groupon to stay at this hotel and what a great purchase it was! Really enjoyed my stay there with my boyfriend, staff was incredibly helpful/nice, customer service was excellent, went the extra mile to please us. I went to the roof bar as well and was pleasant, good music selection. The only thing that I did not like was that whenever they cleaned the room they did not replace all of the amenities, such as shampoo or shower cap which would of helped. Anyways, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barbie c

Hola dear Barbie and thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. For us was a pleasure to host you and we hope to host you again soon in the near future. Regarding the amenities, they are changed daily and we dont have a report from housekeeping or front desk about your comment but we will certainly pay more attention on this matter. I remain always at your service.