“What an awesome day!”
Review of Edventure Tours

Edventure Tours
Ranked #4 of 375 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the "Original" cenote, lagoon, turtle tour in the Riviera Maya- having been in the area and doing tours for 30 years! We are a family owned and operated business. We offer you the best of the area- for the best prices!From the pristine turquoise waters of the Caribbean- to the Ancient Mayan Ruins, with so much more in between! Experience the cenotes- the amazing underground rivers; snorkel a natural aquarium full of brilliant colored tropical fish; swim/snorkel with the majestic sea turtles- watch as they glide effortlessly in their own natural environment. For even more "edventure", visit our new Zipline park! Take a fun ATV or Unimog jeep ride- deep into the jungle! A menagerie of ziplines with connecting hanging bridges. Rappel, rock climb, cliff jump… Tour with us~ to experience this amazing area at it's best! We take families of all ages- Tots to Seniors~ and offer private tours for couples or groups of all sizes.Let us customize a day for you! We are honored to share with you, this wonderful bit of Paradise!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What an awesome day!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Edventure Tours is such a solid tour ompany. There are so many options to choose from when doing daytrips in Mexico, but this was a perfect day. They picked us up from our villa that was in a little bit of a tough spot to get to (between some hotels, down a random road near Puerto Morelos). They arrived early and drove our group of 11 down to Tulum. When we arrived we met Ed, who was a super nice guy and even offered to give us more beers for the day since there were so many of us.

We chose the Tulum Xtreme tour. Our guide David answered any questions we had and was extra helpful with anyone who had trouble ziplining and/or snorkeling. The lunch was super tasty (we had chicken and pork) and the cenotes were incredible (especially the second one).

The sea turtles were so beautiful and we got a chance to be in the ocean, which was great. We were all pretty tired after the sea turtles, but the last part (in the lagoon) was many of our group members' favorite stop. We got to see beautiful fish and underwater life.

What I was really impressed by was at the very end of the day, a truck came to pick up our snorkel gear to take back to Tulum. The driver was Ed. He came out to thank our group for choosing his company. Such a nice guy.

I would recommend this company 100%. They really take care of you. And the best part is that the day isn't full of annoying tourists.

United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great for tweens and adults”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

WOW! Thank you Bryan (our guide) for a great day zip lining, climbing, bridge walking, repelling, cenote snorkeling and lunch. My husband, 13 year old son and I spent the day with Adventure Tours on February 22. I'm so glad I went with my gut (and Trip Advisor) and booked this group. Highly recommend for just about anyone with older kids who have a little dare devil lurking inside them. Thank you Bonnie and Eduardo.

Ashburn, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great Day”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went on a day trip to do ziplining and snorkeling in the cenotes and had a wonderful time. Everybody seemed to be having a fun time as well. They were even understanding of a terrified swimmer and allowed me to take it slow for the snorkeling part, but stayed supportive the whole time. The lunch was a taco meal (options of pork/chicken/vegetarian) and they were amazingly delicious. They went out of their way to make everything easy, including the payment. To make sure we started on time, they took my credit card to their headquarters and charged me there. They handed it back to me at the end of the day. For everybody considering this tour, I recommend doing the sea turtles/lagoon snorkeling. We got a sneak peak and wish we had done it. We'll surely do it next time!

Fort Belvoir, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Day!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I found out about Edventure Tours here on Trip Advisor and I'm so glad that we did! We were much happier when a small van picked us rather than boarding one of the huge tour buses other groups were getting on at our hotel.

We arrived at the shop at Tulum and felt comfortable leaving our things there to go visit the ruins at Tulum. We paid and all headed up to the ruins with a bottle of water in hand. My husband and I somehow missed the passing out of ticket to enter the ruins and ended up having to purchase ours up there but upon our return to the shop, were assured that they would refund us for having to purchase our own tickets. We enjoyed our time to walk around the ruins and view was amazing.

We were fitted with snorkle gear and headed out with Crazy Mike and Danny along with another couple and 3 friends in town for a wedding. It as a very friendly group and by the end of the day we felt fortunate to have spent such a fun day with a great group of people! We got to Cenote Dos Ojos and it did take a bit of time to get everyone situated and goggles defogged but we had loads of time in the cenotes so we didn't mind. One of the girls wasn't as comfortable swimming so they had a raft to pull her around in when she was getting tired swimming. Crazy Mike was busy taking pictures - my husband and I split the camera rental with the other couple which was great. The 3 friends had their own camera and Mike and Danny happily took pictures for them on their own camera as well.

My husband and I hadn't planned to do the turtles and found out we'd have to just hang out on the beach or at the bar at Akumal during that time period. I decided to do the turtles which Edventure tours ended up comping since we'd had to pay our own way into the ruins and my husband enjoyed a margarita, guacamole, and a break at the bar while the rest of the group snorkeled and saw turtles. We saw about 4-5 turtles which were awesome! Danny and Mike were great explaining things we were seeing as well.

After the turtles we headed to Yal-Ku. We had a bit of a wait for our lunch but it wasn't bad to just sit in the shade and drink a beer while we waited. Lunch was good. 3 of the 7 in our group were vegetarians and they raved about their food. The chicken and pork portions were so large we all got a little of each.

We headed to the lagoon and enjoyed the free time to just explore. Afterwards we bought Mayan candy in the parking lot from Robert which was great! We stopped by Ed's house to burn the CDs of the pictures and then said goodbye to Mike and Danny and headed back to our hotels.

We had a great day and I would highly recommend. We loved the family feel of the operation and Mike made sure to mention that the entrance fee we paid at Cenote Dos Ojos benefitted the Mayan people and schools in the area. We also learned a lot from talking to Mike and Danny and it's clear they love their jobs and love the area.

We felt very safe and we also felt secure with our belongings in the van with Cesar all day. I won't hesitate to mention Edventure tours to anyone and everyone I know of vacationing in the area!

Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“A Very Full Fun Day”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The day starts early and precisely on time so be ready. The day was full of fun from morning until night. Everything they advertise is exactly what you get. The day was safe, well organized, the equipment well maintained, except for the roads going to the zip lines and cenotes, but that only added to the experience and gives your butt something to remember.

I recommend bringing your own snorkle and mask. I don't like snaring that sort of equipment and I'm sure it's safe but if you have them, bring it. Wear longer shorts that extend mid way down your thigh. The zip line harness has a tendancy to chaffe if you were too short shorts.

Take the Tulum tour. You won't be disappointed. We didn't have a guide which made it your time to enjoy. We went below to take a few minutes in the water below the cliffs.

The cenotes were amazing, cold water to wake you up but the experience is well worth the money alone. More time here would have been nice.

Lunch was make over an open fire. It was an excellent authentic Mexican meal. When they say the sauce is "picante", believe them.

Swimming with the turtles was without a doubt, the most amazing part of the day. Seeing those large, gentle turtles glide through the water, ignoring us, as they feed and swim to the surface for air and go back down is better than any National Geograhic special.

After a full day, we were brought to Ed's house to clean up and get a drink. Living on the beach with the waves crashing on a rocky shore, that's the way to live.

The staff were great. Good job guys, you made the day that much better. Slept great that night.