“Different!”

CoCo Bongo Playa del Carmen Nightclub with Optional Gold Member Pass
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were lucky to get in through the VIP entrance as there was quite a line at the regular entrance. Inside was air conditioned so that was a real plus. Good music, great performers. Was a broadway like show. The performances were based around many old popular tunes, so very nostalgic. Watching the bar-top dancers was interesting. The aerialists were the highlight. Would have been better if there was a dancefloor area just for dancers. Been there done that, was good to experience it.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,695)
All reviews
in 157 reviews
"acts"
in 250 reviews

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We went as a group of 8 , aged from 19 - 57 and we all had a great night. The show was amazing and the waiter kept our drinks filled all night. We bought the VIP package which included drinks, transport, a balcony table and privilege entrance, so no queuing. It was an incredible night!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was our second visit after previously visiting in 2012. Personally i thought there was more actual dancers and acrobats back then and now they do appear to rely on video and projecting work. Notwithstanding this its still a great night out. We booked through the Thomas Cook rep and it included a bar crawl and VIP area on a balcony in Coco Bongos all for Approx 75 dollars inclusive of drinks. When in Mexico its a must whatever you age. Dont forget you can sleep on your sunbed the day.

1  Thank Ian B
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Booked Coco bongo as part of my 2 week holiday to Mexico. We were staying in the Riviera Maya area so opted to go to Coco Bongo in Playa Del Carmen.

My boyfriend and I were booked on the bar crawl option as the gold package had sold out! The bar crawl consisted of entry to 3 bars (Coco Maya, ? and Mandala) and all inclusive drinks (very watered down) before heading to coco bongo around 12pm.

As we went through our tour operator Thomson we were in their balcony area above the dance floor for the remainder of the evening. The dance floor looked extremely cramped and sweaty, with not much room for manoeuvre. I was very pleased that we were situated above it all, as we had loads of room to dance and had a great view of the show.

The show itself is a mad one, hence the name I guess. It's a mixture of Vegas, music videos, acrobats, tribute acts and people dressed as the mask and beetle juice, all in a club setting!

I wouldn't go all the time but I'm glad I've experienced it. Not the best club/show I've been too, however I had such a good time so that must count for something!

We paid £60 each for the experience and transport, not bad when comparing it to London prices but I still feel they could have dished out better alcohol!

We were picked up at 7:20 and dropped back to the hotel at 2:40.

Enjoy!

1  Thank Jeyda K
See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Coco Bongo was a fab night out. We went as gold member which i recommend. We skipped the waiting outside and went straight in. We had our own table which was looking over the bar and dance area and was right next to the stage. We had our own waiter service who would bring us free/new drinks as soon as we had finished our last. The show was really good with fab dancing, acrobatics and great presentation. It does get crowded and is very loud but that didn't bother us as i still had space to dance and enjoyed the show. Worth a night out.

1  Thank lorna d