“Amazing!”

CoCo Bongo Playa del Carmen Nightclub with Optional VIP Pass
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Really did not know what to expect from this but WOW! what a night out!

This really is a great night out, over 18 only, they really do put on a great show, so all type of music, its loud and in your face but great fun!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went to the Coco Bongo on a Monday night, was filled but was not cramped. We bought the vip package through our Sunwing Rep, which was great for our first trip there. Unfortunately, we didn't get great seats and only seen the stage from the sideview. Our friends went down on the main floor to see better and the staff down there took care of them, didn't have to go to the bar at all. Security was everywhere and felt very safe. Never had a problem with getting to the bathroom and it was very clean. Overall I think we paid too much, but for the first time there we just wrote it off. If we went back wouldn't pay what we paid.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

What can I say such a fantastic night, stage show trapeze artists personal waiter getting you drinks all night, in the VIP area, what wonderful dancers, they all were was frightened going to miss something as all around something was happening got in there t 10.30pm never looked at time till 3am which is what we told would happen a must if you visit Mexico.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had great fun there, the show was very good, it is what makes it worth going there in first place, most of the staff were very friendly, however everything else was a bit lacking. Overall I have been to far better night clubs (not in Playa del Carmen though).

We got the VIP tickets with reserved table, when we got there we noticed that everybody had VIP tickets promising no queue. Apparently this can't happen as there is only one entrance so we were stuck in the VIP queue for ages while the normal one was going really fast. After an argument with the security guy we got in and surprise, surprise no table!!! We managed to find a bar which was 'reserved' - this got resolved by another argument and a few 1 dollar bills. The waiter was really good I must admit, however I would suggest that you give them the odd tip, really improves the service. They seem to sell VIP, Super VIP and Mega VIP tickets, therefore I would suggest that you ask a lot of questions with regard to what exactly is included before you pay anything. I saw a few people getting their money back and going home while we were waiting to get in.

Enough about the tickets. The place is cramped, basically you can't get to the toilet (which is really clean) unless you are very close as it's a tinned sardines experience. People are constantly trying to move around probably to find some empty space which makes the problem even worse. I think that they overfill the place by at least 50%.

The drinks are watered down as you might expect so unless you're underage or get drunk by a double whiskey, don't worry you'll be sober throughout the show. I usually don't attend night clubs which use plastic cups, it makes you feel as if you're drinking in the street, but after the initial problems with the entrance and the table this seemed fairly minor.

Once you leave at about 3-4a.m. there are plenty of taxis to take you home.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

loved it all, pay the extra to get seats and your own waiter. the vegas feel and acobats was awesome to see. this was our 2nd time at coco bongo.