“Amazing Experience!”

Rancho Baaxal
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We visted Rancho Baaxal in November of 2013 - it was the first touristy thing on our trip, and it was a GREAT way to start things off. Our guides were awesome - the conversation flowed the entire ride, and they really helped us plan some other things to do during the rest of our stay. They took the time to match us with the perfect horses, which made the ride a lot more interesting - it makes a huge difference. They truely care about their horses, and act like the "family" they advertise on their website. We can't wait to go back and ride with Rancho Baaxal again - It's 100% the only place to go ride at while you're staying in or near Cancun or Playa del Carmen!

1  Thank RKH131
in 226 reviews
in 79 reviews
in 18 reviews

Reviewed December 18, 2013

LOVE our Rancho Baaxal experience! Being away from the touristy side of things has been a breath of fresh air. Such a beautiful ride, easy pace, great company, lovely horses and cute ranch puppies. What more can i ask of this not-for-profit ranch that puts the animals first!
Lead by courageous and committed people, this has been an experience i will never forget. Remember to book waaay in advance as it does book up!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I visited Ranch Baaxal while on our honeymoon and it was simply an amazing experience. I was in contact with Steffi via email and she was very helpful in answering all of my questions. Our guide was Luna, and she was simply amazing. She's such a sweetheart! She has a way of making you feel extremely comfortable on the horses as you ride. The horses were very sweet and my husband and I enjoyed ourselves. We are both beginners when it comes to riding horses, so we were paired up with horses that matched our skill level. We toured the jungle and the beach and it was fantastic! We plan to come back to Playa del Carmen really soon, and will definitely stop past Rancho Baaxal again for another ride. We highly recommend it! :-)

1  Thank Lesley M
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Rancho Baaxal this December while on vacation. Both of our guides, Luna and Steph were great. Steph especially was very knowledgeable about the horses needs, riding and even does her own farrier work. They really made us feel like we were riding with friends. My girlfriend and I both ride at an advanced level and some times are disappointed on trail rides when paired with beginner level horses. But this was not the case at Rancho Baaxal. After asking us just a couple basic questions they were able to pick the perfect horse for each of us. For two people who have never been to the Mayan Riviera I couldn't think of a better way to experience the nature, jungle, beach and hospitality that the area has to offer. It was a truly great ride. We were even able to gallop down the beach which is something not many trail rides allow. Above all else though I love Rancho Baaxal because they offer this experience to the public without commercializing it. They are completely non profit and run their operation purely for the love of the horses. Their horses happiness and health come first at all times. Without any doubt we will be visiting the ranch again and will continue to support their efforts.

1  Thank BackroadLincoln
See more reviews
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Me and three friends went to ride with Rancho Baxaal two times during our stay i Playa del Carmen. We had a wonderful experience both times and love this place!
The horses are in good shape and are well kept by engaged, professional and knowledgeable people. The main focus for the people on Rancho Baxaal is the welfare of the horses. It comes before everything else. Just the fact that they do not blink to cancel a tourgroup just to make sure the horses aren`t overworked.

The tour goes through the jungle before a dream of a beach reveals itself. It`s hard to explain how nice it is, it hasto be experienced first hand.
Will definitely go back there on my next stay in the area. :)

1  Thank Siljevanilje87