“Would Recommend This Experience To Anyone”
Review of Rancho Baaxal

Rancho Baaxal
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would Recommend This Experience To Anyone”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Rancho Baaxal this December while on vacation. Both of our guides, Luna and Steph were great. Steph especially was very knowledgeable about the horses needs, riding and even does her own farrier work. They really made us feel like we were riding with friends. My girlfriend and I both ride at an advanced level and some times are disappointed on trail rides when paired with beginner level horses. But this was not the case at Rancho Baaxal. After asking us just a couple basic questions they were able to pick the perfect horse for each of us. For two people who have never been to the Mayan Riviera I couldn't think of a better way to experience the nature, jungle, beach and hospitality that the area has to offer. It was a truly great ride. We were even able to gallop down the beach which is something not many trail rides allow. Above all else though I love Rancho Baaxal because they offer this experience to the public without commercializing it. They are completely non profit and run their operation purely for the love of the horses. Their horses happiness and health come first at all times. Without any doubt we will be visiting the ranch again and will continue to support their efforts.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank BackroadLincoln

Trondheim, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good quality horses and feelgood people”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Me and three friends went to ride with Rancho Baxaal two times during our stay i Playa del Carmen. We had a wonderful experience both times and love this place!
The horses are in good shape and are well kept by engaged, professional and knowledgeable people. The main focus for the people on Rancho Baxaal is the welfare of the horses. It comes before everything else. Just the fact that they do not blink to cancel a tourgroup just to make sure the horses aren`t overworked.

The tour goes through the jungle before a dream of a beach reveals itself. It`s hard to explain how nice it is, it hasto be experienced first hand.
Will definitely go back there on my next stay in the area. :)

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Siljevanilje87
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Went to the ranch in November for an am ride with two "never been on a horse" friends. My friends were really nervous but Steffi (great guide!) made sure everybody was suited to their horses and really boosted the girls confidence. We all had a great experience. Only us, 2 guides (and the dogs!) and it felt like riding out with a group of friends....no pressure, ride through the jungle to the beach with the butterflies and dragonflies fluttering about and the dogs trotting alongside the horses. There were ranches closer to where we were staying but I'm glad I decided on this ranch as it really was a nice, non-touristy trip. Would defiantly do again if in the area. ps. I would advise long trousers as mossies were bad in the jungle but it had been a lot of rain the days before we were their.

Visited November 2013
Denver, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome! A must do!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Have been there 2 times now! Horses and dogs are well cared for and happy to work. Owner Lisa and guides are very welcoming and friendly! The guides and horses do an amazing job of taking care of each rider! Would recommend again and again and every time we visit Playa del Carmen, a visit to the ranch will be included!

Visited October 2013
Superior, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Time!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My daughter, mother and I visited Rancho Baxxal for a 1 1/2 hour ride last week. We had an absolutely wonderful time. The ranch is tucked back down a quiet road in Maroma and was very easy to find. We took a cab from Playa del Carmen. Our taxi driver drove us there, waited for us, and drove us back for $450 MX - about $36 US. Once there, we were met by the very friendly staff, horses and ranch dogs. It was clear that the horses are very well taken care of. We went on a wonderful walk through the jungle, opening out onto the beautiful beaches of Maroma. We went for a little gallop on the beach, then had a soft drink while the horses rested in a shade for a few minutes. After getting back on our horses, our guide took some pictures of our group. I was on Pancho and yes, he is indeed a poser! He perkes up his ears and fans out his tail for the photo, making for some very nice pictures. Rancho Baaxal was everything I was hoping for. It was so nice to go on a friendly ride with people who truly care for their horses and guests. Thank you! We will definitely be back.

Visited November 2013