“A Wonderful Time!”

Superior, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My daughter, mother and I visited Rancho Baxxal for a 1 1/2 hour ride last week. We had an absolutely wonderful time. The ranch is tucked back down a quiet road in Maroma and was very easy to find. We took a cab from Playa del Carmen. Our taxi driver drove us there, waited for us, and drove us back for $450 MX - about $36 US. Once there, we were met by the very friendly staff, horses and ranch dogs. It was clear that the horses are very well taken care of. We went on a wonderful walk through the jungle, opening out onto the beautiful beaches of Maroma. We went for a little gallop on the beach, then had a soft drink while the horses rested in a shade for a few minutes. After getting back on our horses, our guide took some pictures of our group. I was on Pancho and yes, he is indeed a poser! He perkes up his ears and fans out his tail for the photo, making for some very nice pictures. Rancho Baaxal was everything I was hoping for. It was so nice to go on a friendly ride with people who truly care for their horses and guests. Thank you! We will definitely be back.

1 Thank Laurie H

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“It was me and Pancho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I loved the visit to the Ranch. We got to see a bit of everything within two hours and a half of riding: amongst the jungle trees, along the open beach and we did some galloping for the people who wished to kick into higher gear. I was riding Pancho, and he did me well. Thank you.

Visited September 2013
Matlock, England
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great ranch, even for beginners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife loves horse riding and so to get her horsey fix while we were on honeymoon we went to Rancho Baaxal for a morning tour on the 8th November.
Now i'm not very experienced or confident with horses but Steffi really looked after me and i ended enjoying the ride to the beautiful Maroma beach almost as much as my wife. My wife had a great time making a fuss of the horses (i loved the dogs) and galloping on the beach.
I can't recommend this ranch enough. Not only are they very easy to deal with, accommodate riders from beginners to advanced, but also it's great to see how well the horses (and dogs) are looked after when they all have had such difficult starts to life.

Rugby, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the highlights of our holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

A morning spent at Rancho Baaxal was one of the highlights of our holiday.

Myself and a friend booked ourselves on the first tour of the day (the booking process was super easy) and after a bit of an adventure getting there due to flooded roads at our hotel (Thank you again Steffi for saving us!) we met our fabulous horses and set out with Steffi and Luna.

All of the animals (including the beautiful ranch dogs, one of which walked us 'home'! ) are all so happy and well looked after and there are some really touching stories about their backgrounds and how they came to be at Rancho Baaxal which makes the Ranch even more special in my eyes.

Our fabulous guides were knowledgeable and chatty which made the whole experience even more enjoyable, and the canter along the beach was just magic.

Thank you all so much for a brilliant day.

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great fun day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had great fun hacking out Western style

Safe treck sound horses friendly team of hard working staff.

We thoroughly enjoyed our ride through the jungle and on the beach.

Great value for what you get.

Staff love and look after their horses here unlike many nearby places.

Thanks to Steffi and her team.