“Full moon ride”

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Full moon ride”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Breathtaking! By far the best thing we did in Playa. Horse lovers will love Rancho Baaxal because Rancho Baaxal loves the horses.

NYC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Another blast, I will have to go back there again very soon!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Well, I don't usually write reviews, so for me to write two extremely positive reviews on the same place, really means you have to go, now.
Horses were amazingly well taken care of, very well trained/fed and happy. I had my lovely Rey and he was just perfect for me. Don't worry, they have horses for all level and all people.
Stefi and the team were fun, knowledgeable and although it had been rainy for a couple days and the area was completely underwater, they never asked us to reschedule, they were ready for us and so were we, believe me!
The cantering on the beach was another highlight of the trip, it is so much fun!
Well, just to say once more, if you are staying in Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum and want to ride or discover the area, this is what you have been waiting for! Keep up the good work Rancho Baaxal and see you very soon!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Tannouille
Scotch Plains, New Jersey, United States
“An adventure off the beaten path...”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

What a great expereince! My wife and I were so happy we spent an afternoon at Baaxal during our honeymoon. You won't see it advertised on the billboards on Rt. 307... and that's exactly what makes this experience more geniune than those others.
Our guides were friendly and knowledgable. They paired us with more tame horses since we were beginners.
Visit these guys.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Heart Warming Memories”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I have been fortunate to have traveled to Rancho Baaxal three times since August 2011. We have shared 3 life's greatest moments with the staff at ranch. We were engaged on Maroma Beach and celebrated with an amazing ride with Steffi and Lisa. The following year we were married on the same beautiful white beach. On our second visit celebrating our marriage Steffi and Lisa took us on a private ride and celebrated with a bottle of wine. We have become so fortunate to have meet the owner and staff at the ranch. Our third visit was celebrating our first wedding anniversary with another amazing private ride and memories that will last a lifetime. The love for the horses will warm your hearts. The staff are kind and generous with their time on the ride giving you a rich history of the horses, ranch, and surrounding paradise. Their dedication extends to all animals taking in several gentle strays. Mya has been part of each ride and her story is amazing. The horses are well cared and provided with the best veterinary medicine. Each horse comes from painful background and the staff provides love and support to rehabilitate them. If you are an animal lover, this place is a sanctuary to visit. The ride will take you to a breathtaking views of the ocean and jungle. On our last visit we were able to stay in the owner Lisa's rental apartment in Playa del Carmen. The stay at the apartment was a wonderful adventure and we were very fortunate to be able to stay. We would recommend a stay in the apartment in minute. A wonderful emersion of culture and close to the ocean. Please visit the ranch to meet the kind, wonderful staff and most of all the courageous horses. I promise you will leave the ranch feeling full joy and happiness that you gave back visiting Rancho Baaxal.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank PNP22
Worthing, United Kingdom
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“First class company”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My girlfriend was an experienced rider over 10 years ago and I had never ridden before but Steffi and Luna made sure we were both very comfortable with our horses, knew exactly how to control their actions (not that they needed much control as they were so well trained) and that we had a fun and relaxing time without one person being held up by the others ability or lack thereof. The walk through the jungle was very cool and then to end up on a beautiful and mainly deserted beach was the icing on the cake. The ladies were very personable and very knowledgeable and this only added to the enjoyment of the experience. Well worth the money and well worth taking time out of the holiday to do something a bit different. Highly recommended.