“Highly Recommend !!!”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Highly Recommend !!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had a geat time at Rancho Baaxal. Steffi , Olympio and Maya the dog were great hosts.
Steffi was very easy to communicate with to set up our tour over the internet, she even emailed us a great map with easy directions so we could take a short walk from our resort ( Secrets Maroma Beach ) to the ranch. When we arrived she even made sure to offer us mosquito spray, good thing thing as we had forgot ours at the room.
The horses that were chose for us to ride were fantastic, and fit our riding skills perfectly.
Our ride thru the jungle and onto the beach was a dream come true for my wife, and it couldn't have went any better. What a beautiful location for horseback riding.
We will be doing this tour again someday ! Thanks Steffi !!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank New-York-st8ofmind

Fishers, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This exceeded my expectations! The emails from Steffi were prompt and informative. She set up our transportation for us. Our initial tour guide was sick on the day of our tour, but Steffi didn't want to cancel our tour...so she was our guide!! (Coming in on her day off!) She really is so sweet. Rancho Baxaal is very lucky to have her! We only had 4 people on our tour, and it was just the right amount! If I go back to Playa, I will definitely go back to Rancho Baxaal again! I definitely recommend using their transportation...it's very convenient and comfortable.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank BritneyNicole
Pismo Beach, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Great Tour and Great People”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I can't say enough good things about our tour! I wanted to find a place near Secrets Maroma Beach where my wife and I could go horseback riding. I never dreamed I find the best ranch in the area with the best staff who are so committed to their horses. However, there's not much that I can say that hasn't already been said many times: Lisa and Steffi are extremely kind and quick to respond to inquiries and questions and they care not only about their customers, but also care very much about their horses.

We opted to book a private afternoon tour (87 USD/person) even though we knew they limit the number of guests on each tour. We wished we could have taken the full moon tour, but we were right in between two full-moon phases when we were there (September 2012). My wife and I try not to repeat vacation destinations as we have a long list of places we want to go; however, if we even go back to the Playa del Carmen area, we will be sure to book another tour at Ranch Baaxal!

Visited September 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Uh maze ing.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

So I'll start off and say that this was my first time on a horse, so I was pretty nervous. My sister and I decided to go early in the morning before it got hot.
We pulled up and were greated with Maya, Tigra and Chocolate, the ranch dogs. Steffi introduced us to everyone and was very welcoming. My sister and I are at varying degrees of riding experience and were both matched perfectly with horses that suited our personalities and abilities. I was matched with Nay and my sister with Pancho. Steffi told us a little about their backgrounds, which broke my heart. They are all rescue horses and the ranch has done everything to make them have happy relaxing lives now.
Talk about amazing. We rode our horses into the jungle and on to the beach.It was like a dream. Nay was as sweet as she could be and Steffi gave us a ton of info about all of the horses. I felt more like she was my friend than my tour guide. We rode for a while we enjoyed the dark skies in the distance, after we stopped me had a snack we heard some thunder. All at once it begn to p o u r down rain so we got back on our horses and head back to the ranch. We may have gotten wet but we had a great time. Next year when we come back to Playa I will definitely come back for another ride at the Rancho Baxxal.

1 Thank Amanda M
Lexington, Kentucky
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable time”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

First and foremost all the horses at Rancho Baaxal are rescued which I love. There are so many mistreated animals out there that it's great to see a company really trying to help these wonderful animals. And they do take great care of all the animals. Even the rescued barn dogs Tigre, Maya & Chocolat who affectionately greeted us on our way in. lol Maya became my buddy which was great since I was really missing my dogs at home.

We walked from our resort (SMB) to the facility thanks to a map given to us by Steffi before our trip. The directions were spot on and we had no trouble finding our way...not to mention we saved some cash on transportation.

Our guides were Patrick and Olympos and they were friendly, knowledgeable and really great to spend time with. If you decide to book you won't be disappointed at all!

Visited September 2012