“Highly recommended budget hotel”
Review of Hotel Colorado

Hotel Colorado
Singapore, Singapore
“Highly recommended budget hotel”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been travelling from Guadalajara, Mexico this January. I am heading for Panma City and then the Lesser Antilles. I am flying home to Singapore this May.

I am glad I picked Hotel Colorado for my stay in Playa del Carmen last week.

It is inexpensive. The room is spacious, clean and neat. There is even kitchen facilities in my room for me to prepare my own breakfasts and snacks. Wi fi is high speed in the room.

Edwin Tan

Although, the Yucatan is hot at this time of the year, I do not need to switch on the air conditioner because the hotel is shady and cooling throughout the day.

The hotel is only 5 to 7 minutes walk to the 2 main bus terminals, where ADO buses ply between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, Xcarat, Xel-Ha, the Belize and various parts of Mexico. Ferry terminal to Cozumel, shops, restaurants and laundry services are also within short walking distance.

The owners are very friendly, helpful and informative. They are always around. They speak German, English and Spanish.

I will highly recommend anyone who wants space and privacy to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Montreal
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Located just a few blocks from the busy Quinta Avenida, this lovely hotel offers great value. Colorful and full of character, it offers basic but clean rooms that are cleaned every day. The owners are friendly and helpful and make sure that their guests enjoy their stay. I paid 400 pesos a night for a private room with a double bed and the A/C. Even better, it's within walking distance of both bus stations, the ferry termminal, the Playa Express, and the collectivos. Could well be the very best price/quality ratio in all of Playa del Carmen! Highly recommended for budget travelers!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Pat5150
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Having just come though Guatemala and Belize and knowing that the prices would shoot up,this little gem had 2 rooms just vacated as we rocked in....the rooms are basic yes,but are cleaned every day with fresh towels if you wish..we found the staff friendly and helpful and would recommend this to others looking for a quite,clean and friendly getaway to Playa..

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed four nights at Hotel Colorado and were very sad to leave as it was an absolutely fantastic place to stay, particularly because Sammy, the guy who runs it is helpful almost to a fault. When we extended our stay by one night, the room we were in was unavailable so we got upgraded at no extra cost to a free one. After we left, we kept in touch with Sammy who helped us with miscellaneous tips and advice about where to find things. In addition to the excellent and really friendly service, the location is good, the rooms clean and the gated community safe and colourful. I cant recommend it highly enough, particularly at the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I don't like Playa del Carmen. Never did, never will. I'm more of a stay in a palapa or tent in Tulum type of person. But, since I was forced to be there to catch the early ferry, I felt really lucky to get the last room here. The gated property is colorful, appealing to men, women and families, and the staff are very helpful. The property gets full quickly even in the low season, so I was sad when I had to leave for nearby lodging with pitiful little to offer but a bed. Anyway, each room has a cute name and I loved the bright paint and winding staircase. The resident cat is quite charming, too. The room is what really stood out, though; there was a fridge, a fan, A/C, a working kitchen with pots, pans, and utensils, a dining table and chairs, a huge bed and a twin bed, a tv and remote, a really large bathroom with great water pressure and hot water. There was even a balcony. I spent 2 nights in Suite Pauline. I will probably be forced to return to Playa, but I won't hesitate to book here again! Also, it's walking distance everything, but you won't suffer the thud of booming music from 5th Ave.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Although we only stayed 2 nights we really enjoyed our stay. The location is excellent only 4 blocks to the beach and surrounded by great places to eat. Breakfast is not included but there are lots of cheap but tasty places to go to near by. Our room was great, it had proper air conditioning which was much needed in the heat! (the air con is quite loud when sleeping so would recommend ear plugs, we had some & had no problems). Bathroom was clean and the shower was good. There was a lovely roof patio where you could sit on and look out over the town. Staff were friendly and helpful. Overall would recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Hotel Colorado is truly a gem in Playa del Carmen. It is a beautiful hotel, very colourful, affordable, simple and clean. It is also very conveniently located, just a short walk to the beach, but far enough removed that you don't get the hustle and bustle of the main tourist strip. The hotel is also a short walk to the bus station. There are a few good options for restaurants very closeby as well as a couple of laundromats and grocery stores. The hotel managers were very helpful and kind, one of the women even recommended an awesome free concert that ended up being one of the highlights of my trip. Some of their rooms even have kitchenettes and I think all have mini fridges. I would without a moment of hesitation, recommend this hotel and hope to head back there soon myself!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends