“Evass is Exceptional!”
Review of Evass Restaurant

Evass Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 1,640 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Description: Evass Restaurante - El Pecado Culinario, nace para crear un espacio donde el café, la comida, la calidez, el buen servicio y el arte, se unen para crear un ambiente de excelente nivel. Una idea Vanguardista y versátil en alimentos y bebidas, que logramos fusionando algunos platillos Internacionales, creando una cocina fusión con tendencias mexicanas. Nuestro objetivo es sorprender sus sentidos con nuevos sabores, nuevas presentaciones y experiencias inolvidables.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My experience at Evass was exceptional to say the least. A friend and I wanted a different dining experience to celebrate her leaving the country for a few weeks to visit family. So, I suggested Evass. Jose gave us fantastic service. The food was delicious. The ambiance was superb and we both enjoyed our 3 hours there immensely. I will bring other guests back.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (154)

Reviewed July 16, 2019

We had breakfast here right before heading to the airport. I wish we had come sooner because we would have been back for lunch and dinner too,. This meal came free with our Bn'B stay so I had low expectations. Turned out to be a very cool, upscale modern restaurant- water feature, aquarium, cool succulents hanging on the walls, work from local artists all over. The menu had great variety and the service was EXCELLENT- attentive, great attention to detail, and warmly friendly. I am a coffee snob, and I truly enjoyed theirs. I had a Belgian waffle with perfectly cooked eggs and fresh tropical fruit that was amazingly flavorful. The OJ was delicious fresh squeezed. Bathrooms were impeccably clean. The menu offers many types of cuisines including fresh seafood, steak, Italian and a little traditional Mexican- reminded me of a California restaurant. This isn't in a tourist area so you have to drive to get to it, but it's well worth it. The quality of the food and service was really outstanding and the prices were no more than what you would pay at a cheap diner in the US. Actually, you'd probably pay more at the diner. It was really nice to dine somewhere that was clearly trying to impress us- and they succeeded.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed July 2, 2019

Someone behind this restaurant pays a lot of attention to detail. The result is beautifully plated meals and fusion food at it best. I went for one of their tasting evenings and every dish brought out was beautiful to look and the food was carefully chosen for contracting flavours and textures - there’s a little bit of Mexico on every plate even if the dish is Indian in origin. This is a restaurant for a special meal and it’s worth the taxi ride into the suburbs.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 2, 2019

Evass is a really nice restaurant that I had been hearing a lot of good opinions about. I went with a friend there for dinner and I was not disappointed! The food was absolutely delicious with excellent presentation. We were instantly served fresh bread with three different choices of butter. I particularly liked the garlic butter. We ordered a portabello mushroom appetizer and it was large enough for two to share. Salmon Teriyaki was my main entree and it was perfectly cooked and tasted wonderful! As it was my friend's birthday, they surprised him with an excellent dessert brownie. Oh, my goodness...it was beyond delicious! They sang "Happy Birthday" and as an extra surprise they served us both a complimentary glass of sparkling wine. Our servers--Jose and Yamila--were very nice and professional. We were also greeted by the floor manager, Antonio and even the bartender, Pedro. The entire staff made us feel very comfortable. The restaurant is very clean, classy and offers a lovely decor of local artwork. The atmosphere is soft and relaxing. Overall, I was very pleased with the evening there and will return. :-)

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 22, 2019

Nothing like it in Playa! Just across the highway from the little airport in Playa, just down the steeet from the Chevy Dealership...ten min walk fo m Chedraui Centro...nestle in quiet residential area....EVASS is an outstanding new build restaurant, unique layout features a dynamo sound system and soothing atmosphere. Tremendous varied menus.100% fabulous food prep by Chef David...the road lamb and beef entrees are memorable,..t Nader, cooked to order and to perfection. Roast veggies are second to none. Pasta entrees varied, different and delicious. The servers are perfection, well trained and bilingual..personable too. Our server remembered it was our anniversary and our desert was personally prepared(see pictures)...open concept bar for drinks and coffees...very comfy chairs, great bands and great atmosphere. It’s a hidden gem in Playa...you have to go...it’s also fantastic for breakfast, Sunday brunch and lunches...mixture of Mexican or European dishes....I can’t say enough about how much we enjoyed the venue, the food and the service!

Date of visit: March 2019