“Fantastic Dive Centre”
Review of Pluto Dive

Pluto Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving in the beautiful Caribbean and amazing Caves of the Riviera Maya.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This week my wife and I completed 6 ocean dives with Pluto over three days, and my wife then completed 2 Cenote dives on a fourth day. For me, as someone who a few years ago was so scared of water that I couldn't even walk alongside a river comfortably, it was vitally important for me to choose the right dive centre for my first dives since I tentatively qualified as an OWD last summer. Pluto provided that; both in the professional, thorough and intelligent way that Barbara and her DMs and boat staff looked after us; but also in the quality of the equipment; the choice of dive sites and finally with Barbara's excellent communications, as being nervous I had lots of questions, but all were answered, usually within the hour if via e-mail.

To expand upon those points, both my wife and I rented BCDs and regs that were in excellent condition and worked extremely well; these were set up for us for every dive on the boat by Pluto's two boat guys who did everything possible for us, and always with a smile. The diving itself was great - visibility was admittedly a bit poor due to recent rough weather, but we saw a large variety of fish and coral and on one memorable dive had a close encounter with a large Bull Shark that was simply wonderful. We also saw many different moray eels, some sting rays, and some beautiful big shoals of fish. Sadly we didn't see a turtle, but hopefully next time! The guiding was great, with both Barbara and Paulo pointing interesting things out to us and moving at just the right pace for us. Pluto also allowed us to keep our equipment at the dive centre, so we just needed to turn up with a towel each morning and off we went. One of the big plus points was the group size - four of our ocean dives were just my wife and I with a guide, and the other two ocean dives just had two other guests in addition to us; this to me seems so much better than the massive boats with 30 or 40 divers on that we saw in the area.

I like to give fair and honest reviews, but for Pluto Dive I really can't think of any negatives at all. I'd thoroughly recommend Pluto Dive and we'll be back as soon as we can!

The attached picture was taken by our guide for days two and three, Paulo.

1  Thank Rob M
There are newer reviews for Pluto Dive

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I spent 2 weeks diving different cenotes with Pluto Dive. Barbara and Alberto gave professional help, advice and service throughout this time. Their attention to detail, safety, weather conditions etc. make for good diving choices. I would happily recommend this diving business to any recreational diver, aspiring cavern or cave diver, they have plenty of experience and know what they are doing. Thanks again!!!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I recently did 6 dives with Pluto in Playa Del Carmen - 4 * cenote dives and 2 * ocean dives. The rental equipment has of a high quality, the dive groups nice and small and Barbara and Alberto were great dive leads and handled groups of multiple nationalities with ease.

Overall, a very positive experience and one I would recommend - a personal touch, friendly staff and highly professional.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed north of Playa del Carmen. We chose Pluto over other operators based on good reviews and the availability of nitrox The taxi from Paraiso Beach was 250 pesos each way. .Had a drift dive and a reef dive with turtles, sting rays and a big octopus.The next day we dove Dos Ojos Cenote. Excellent divemasters, fine rental equipment. Pluto is a very professional operation and I highly recommend them.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I always use Pluto Dive Shop when I travel to and dive in Playa del Carmen. Barbara & Alberto are very friendly, personable, and highly competent divers; and they both go out of their way to ensure that their guests enjoy a positive and rewarding experience. The pricing is reasonable and their equipment is well maintained and appropriate for the conditions and location. Despite the weather (wind & rain), we were able to complete two ocean dives with Barbara and four Cenotes Dives with William (a Cave/Cavern diver with a great personality and excellent dive skills). Their shop is conveniently located on 5th Avenue, and only a short ride to the boat. Transportation and lunch is provided on the Cenotes trips and the locations are mutually agreed upon based upon diver ability and preference. I highly recommend Pluto Dive Shop for all of your planned dive trips in and around Playa del Carmen.