“I Love Pluto Dive Shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pluto Dive

Pluto Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving in the beautiful Caribbean and amazing Caves of the Riviera Maya.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“I Love Pluto Dive Shop!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have been diving in the Maya Riviera for 15 years.This is the 3rd year in a row that I've done all of my diving with Pluto Dive. All of my experiences with them has been top notch. I prefer smaller groups & that's what you get with Pluto. They also have always bent over backwards to meet my wishes. I strongly recommend Pluto Dive!

• Polish first
Krakow, Poland
379 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“If you are looking for a personalized service, this is the place to go”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have booked myself a package of 10 dives, both ocean and caverns through internet. They did answer all my questions and queries promptly and gave detailed information.
It is a small dive shop, which focus is on personal experience, they don't take large groups, so diving is more individual focus and gives an impression of being on private tour, I have never had more than 2 pax including myself, which I have really liked.
Gear I was using was rented and it was of good quality, if there was something wrong with it, it was quickly replaced (trouble with o-ring once).
Barbara and Alberto were good dive guides, they were patient and responsive, I felt good diving with them, knowing that I was in good hands.
All in all, if I was about to come back to Playa, most definitely I would choose Pluto again.

Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Professional, Safe, and Fun.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I first started diving with Pluto Dive in 2006. I completed both my open water and advanced certifications with Alberto and Barbara at Pluto Dive and have since dived around the Yucatan, the U.S., the Red Sea in Egypt, and in Belize with various diving shops. To this day, however, I keep going back only to Pluto Dive when in Playa, year after year, because they're that great. In two words, they are "absolutely professional." I have seen other shops take shocking risks with equipment and practices. Not so with Pluto Dive. Both the owners and their staff are pros, they value safety, are great teachers, and they absolutely keep things fun (Dario comes to mind). I've never had a bad diving experience with Pluto; cenote or otherwise. More importantly, when I'm a hundred feet down in the ocean or a cenote, I need to know that the instructors/guides are keeping an eye on my equipment and me while I enjoy the thrill of the dive. As a career lawyer and thrill-seeker, I cannot recommend Pluto Dive highly enough. Also, I cannot thank them enough for all the great dives over the years. Dive the sunken ship when you're down in Playa! And the Tajma-ha cenote is stunning!

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Still the best in Playa!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was our third year diving with Pluto and we wouldn't consider going with any other operation. Their professionalism continues to impress me. They are always ready to go when we arrive, and give us such personal service that we feel spoiled! We really like that they pay such close attention to us and have our comfort and safety top of mind at all times. We've gone where Barbara and Alberto have suggested and each dive has been unique and memorable. Last year we tried cavern diving for the first time and this year we did a drift dive. We're expanding our repetoire with Pluto at a pace that suits us. Every time we see a dive boat filled with people or see a big group undwater I feel so lucky to be diving with an operation like Pluto. We highly, highly recommend them and can't wait until our next diving adventure next year!

Livonia, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Diving with great People”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was my 2nd year diving with Barbara and Pluto Dive and all my dives were great. They are very professional and comfortable to dive with. It was very rough this year and our second day of diving had to be cancelled for safety concerns. They offered me to go to Cenotes but I had been there last year and was not interested. The only problem was that I had left my dive equipment at the shop and so I was going to have to take a cab from my hotel and back to pick it up but Barabra and her husband very graciously cleaned and delivered my equipment right to my hotel. It saved me a lot of time and was so very kind of them. They are not only very Professional but caring and nice to be around. Thanks again for a great dive.