“Great Experience”
Review of Pluto Dive

Pluto Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving in the beautiful Caribbean and amazing Caves of the Riviera Maya.
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Completed the open water diving portion to become a certified diver at Pluto Dive the end of March. I am older,not a great swimmer and can tend to be a little nervous. Barbara was professional,thorough and patient. I always felt safe and I feel I learned a lot. My husband has had his diving certification for a a couple years and he was able to come with us. He enjoyed his dives as well and felt like the the dive shop, with Barbara and Alberto was well run and organized. Very reasonably priced and nice equipment and boat. I"m sure we will return and dive with them again.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Our first experience with Alberto and Barbara of Pluto Dive was two years ago when my 17 year old son and I spent two days with them doing the learn to dive course, it was a great experience and left us looking forward the next opportunity to visit the Playa area. Their vast knowledge of both the area and diving are second to none, their equipment is first class and rates are more competitive than most.
My wife, daughter and I had the chance to visit the area again in early April. Utilizing their website and email, Barbara was a great help setting up the three days of diving, it couldn’t have been easier. While diving with Alberto, as our guide, I had the chance to make new acquaintances with folks from Alberta, San Diego and Chicago. Alberto took us on amazing dives showing us the undersea splendor of the area, my thanks to Barbara and Alberto for being great hosts and treating us like family. Once again you provided me a great experience that will be treasured for years, I’ll defiantly be returning in the future and highly recommend Pluto Dive, Barbara and Alberto to anyone visiting the Playa area wishing to get more that their feet wet!
Eric from Wyoming, USA

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Pluto Dive staff is knowledgeable, accommodating and very professional. Alberto, the shop’s owner and lead guide, has expert knowledge of the local dive sites. Only after my dive when I compared notes with other divers in the community, did I realize that I experienced many of the area’s hidden gems that most divers do not have the good fortune to witness. Dive shops are a dime a dozen in the area, but Pluto Dive offers its clientele a safe and personalized experience that is thankfully free of artifice and sales pitches. Experienced divers will be grateful for the expert service.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Thanks again too Alberto and Barbara at Pluto Dive Shop (Playa del Carmen, Mexico).
I can now say that I'm a Certified Open Water Diver thanks to them.
Life is all about learning new skills too reach new levels.For and old farm boy from Idaho
the experience was the bomb. Looking forward to next years reunion with Alberto and Barbara and friends to get back to the ocean, its seems a million miles away from Burley Idaho. Thanks Again! 3/12/2012
Brett L. Durfee
Idaho, USA

Reviewed February 27, 2012

My teenaged son and I studied the PADI Open Water Diver Manual before leaving for Playa del Carmen and took our in-pool classes, written tests and open water certification dives with Pluto in February 2012. What a great experience! Alberto and Barbara take a practical approach to teaching which made the material easy to learn and remember. We’re grateful for their patience and good humour. Our ocean and cenote dives were fantastic! Whenever we saw other big groups diving, I would feel so thankful that we were with Pluto. We had personalized attention and could go at a pace that allowed us to really savour the experience. Pluto staff was friendly, reliable, safe and professional at all times. We met interesting, friendly people diving with Pluto and had great fun with Dario as our guide at Chac Mool cenote. To top it off, Barbara also introduced us to Como Como, now our favourite restaurant in Playa del Carmen.
Pluto was the perfect fit for us and even though we’ve only been home for two days we’re already planning the dives we’d like to do with them next year!

1  Thank Jen M