“Best day of my life!!!!!”
Review of The Snorkel Shop

The Snorkel Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Snorkeling and Diving tours, Cenote tour and/or Ocean tours. Sea Turtle tours. Pictures included on all of our tours. Equipment provided on all our tours. Great customer service, friendly staff. Reasonable prices. Small Groups, Max.10. We can accommodate larger groups from one booking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

OMG today was so much fun!!! I wasn't to fussy about going but now I'm super happy that I went I will definitely do it agin. Love it!!!

TheSnorkelShop, Owner at The Snorkel Shop, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Haley D, " Best day of your life" Wow. I am so glad you enjoyed the trip. It was really nice to meet you and your Mom. I really hope to see you all again. BTJ.
Graham

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had an amazing snorkel trip with the snorkel shop! We especially enjoyed the cenote part of the trip. The lunch at the bech club was also great!

Dear Tuulia, I think you got it right. Our Tour is fun! Thank you for your kind review and I hope next time you visit you add the cenote part to your trip.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We did the northern surf and turf. Small group size was perfect and Alex was a great guide. We visited 2 different spots along the reef and they allow you a fair amount of time to take it all in not just a fast lap around the boat. Had a nice lunch then off to the cenotes. This part was just a trip/swim through the cave not really a snorkeling experience but quite interesting none the less. Alex took lots of pictures and gave us a cd of them afterward.

Dear DanW,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your trip with us. I am glad to hear Alex is still doing a great job. And that you appreciated the small groups that we try to keep to. We all hope to see you on your next visit to Mexico.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Where do I begin?? This was excellent from start to finish. Alex picked myself and three friends up at the condo where we are staying, early I might add!! We proceeded to pick up two other guests then headed to Porto Morales to snorkel. A crew was waiting to fit us with our life vests and and gear. We headed out in the boat to our first stop to snorkel. Our guide Alex took over 150 pictures during the course of our trip, lots under water. After about 45 minutes we loaded back up into the boat to go to the second snorkeling location. I had heard this was a wonderful place to snorkel and I was not let down! After our second 45 minutes we headed to shore for what can only be explained as one of the best lunches I have ever had! We had a choice of fajitas, quesadias or grilled snapper! Most of us had the snapper, which was the best I think I have ever had! Lunch was served with pico de gallo and guacamole. We set out on the road for the Cenote and let me tell you I have been to several, but the one chosen for us to go to was literally breath taking! The entire day we all laughed and enjoyed each other's company. I'm so glad that I chose The Snorkel Shop to book this trip! I could go on and on about the trip but I will end with this comment. It was first class all the way and thank you for the wonderful and unforgettable experience!

1  Thank anitajune
TheSnorkelShop, Owner at The Snorkel Shop, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Anitajune, Fantastic review! thank you so much for your support. I am glad you and your friends enjoyed our tour. Best lunch ever! wow! I have to go on the tours more often. Thank you for pointing out how great the cenote was. we try to take our guests to the best locations and I agree this is the best of the bunch. Once again thank you for your review and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I’d probably give this a terrible rating but a year ago we had a great trip with the snorkel shop with Eddie as our guide. Last year Eddie did a fantastic job of interacting with us, giving us lots of info and history. He made sure to point out fish, constantly dove down to take pictures and point out features. Unfortunately Eddie is no longer with the snorkel shop and this years experience was totally different. We were told the Alex would take us out and do a better job than Eddie. Turns out that Alex called in sick because he partied too hard the night before. The replacement guide didn’t seem to know what he was doing. He picked us up at 9:00 and proceeded to pick up other people. The guide went to the wrong hotel and wasted a good 30 minutes trying to figure out the location. When we finally picked up the couple..we were on our way to Puerto Morelos. Over half way there and the driver receives a phone call..seems there was confusion and he didn’t know he was suppose to pickup another couple. So we do a U turn back towards Playa again. We wasted a bunch of time picking up people. The guide didn’t seem to care and drove really slow to the destination. Seems we were late getting there and had to wait another 20 minutes for a boat to show. Turns out the boat was so full that our guide couldn’t come along!! He handed the camera to the boat operator. The other person that didn’t speak english was now our guide. There were no pictures taken of us snorkeling other than when we were getting on the boat. The guide wrote down our email addresses so he could drop box the pics to us…I never did receive an email from him..not that I care..there would of been what? pictures of us eating lunch?? driving back we didn’t want to do the Cenote, yet the guide seemed to forget this until he started driving into that area and then and to do a U turn. disappointing experience overall

My suggestion is if you want to snorkel these reefs… take your own transportation to Puerto Morelos such as a bus or shared van, taxi. Go out with the WetSet or crew there at the park..they are the ones taking you out anyways. Then you can go at your pace and find some better food options after.

2  Thank Tom3211
TheSnorkelShop, Owner at The Snorkel Shop, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Tom 3211 and all reader of TA. I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize for so many mistakes in one tour. I have contacted Tom 3211 and apologized personally and issued him a full refund. Unfortunately, Tom was leaving the next day and I didn't get a chance to deal with this in person. However, he seems content and will give us another chance next year. Alex, my primary guide, was not hung over, he had a last minute personal emergency to attend to, so Memo, my back up guide, went instead. He said Alex was hung over at an attempt at levity which back fired.
I won't make excuses, as this should never have happened. I have spoken to all involved and taken great lengths to prevent any of this happening in the future, as you can read in later reviews. Should any of our guests have a problem or suggestions for our tour(s) we would be more than interested in hearing about them.