“Best experience of the trip...”
Review of The Snorkel Shop

The Snorkel Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Snorkeling and Diving tours, Cenote tour and/or Ocean tours. Sea Turtle tours. Pictures included on all of our tours. Equipment provided on all our tours. Great customer service, friendly staff. Reasonable prices. Small Groups, Max.10. We can accommodate larger groups from one booking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Okay, everyone is raving about the snorkeling trips with The Snorkel Shop. And they are right--this was a great treat for my husband, our friends, and me. Eddie served as our instructor and guide at the reef in Puerto Morales and was as enthusiastic about our experience we were. It was a joy to have him leading us through the reef and sharing his knowledge--it is always heartening to know that someone enjoys his work as much as he does and is willing to share that joy. The DVD of photos Eddie takes on the trip is a real "value added" item. We will definitely go on other trips (cenotes, tortugas) when we return.

1  Thank LJEMaryland
TheSnorkelShop, Owner at The Snorkel Shop, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear LJE Maryland,
Wonderful review! It is so nice to hear reinforcement about our tours. How can Eddie not enjoy his job as he gets to meet interesting people from round the world, snorkel in the beautiful reef and have a great meal every day. He does enjoy his work. It is completely our pleasure to provide pictures of your tour so you can remember your vacation to Playa and you trip with us. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope to take you an as many tours as you would like.

All reviews
"wonderful lunch"
"saw lots of fish"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Sofia was great to deal with by email while trying to arrange this tour. Eddie was early picking up my son and I and we had a chance to get chat a bit on the way to Puerto Morelo to snorkel. We snorkeled two different parts on the reef and Eddie was a great guide, very experienced, knowledgable and puts a strong emphasis on safety. He wouldn't have taken us anywhere past our abilities and kept an eye on us at all times, while still keeping an eye out to point out all the fantastic sea life (school of barracuda, sting ray, moray eel, giant lobster, etc.). The lunch afterwards was fantastic too, the ceviche was delicious and our chicken fajitas were super yummy. All in all, Eddie was a fantastic guide and I highly recommend taking this more personalized tour over going with a big outfit where you won't get any personalized attention or anyone looking out for your personal safety. Plus, it's always a bonus to have one-on-one time with a local to ask for other recommendations and info. Thanks Eddie and Sofia!
Margo

1  Thank laracee

Dear Lara cee,
I am so glad you enjoyed the day with Eddie. The reef is truly beautiful with all the fish and coral.
Also, I am glad you enjoyed the beach club lunch, as it is nice to sit down after and enjoy some local food and relaxation. Safety and fun are our first priorities and it is great to hear it being appreciated. Thank you for your review and support and we hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I arranged this snorkel trip for my wife as an Xmas present before we went. She has only snorkeled a few times and sometimes gets a bit nervous. Eddie was great to us, and made sure we were safe and happy the whole time. He is very friendly and funny - very helpful and answered all our questions about the local area and culture. The pick-up and drop off at our condo was very convenient, and lunch at the beach club was delicious. The Cenote dive was cold, dark and claustrophobic but we were very glad that we did it - it was amazing - and Eddie made sure we were always ok. Thanks Eddie, we will book this again with you next time we come to Playa del Carmen, it was the highlight of our trip!

Dear Ted M, what a great Christmas present! Thank you for choosing us for such a special event.
The cenote is definitely not to be missed. It is a little chilly (77F) and a little dark, but we do give you under water lights and it is really beautiful. I am so glad you spent part of your vaction with us and we look forward to your return. Thank you on you great review and support.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I were greeted by Eddie at the lobby of our hotel and had an awesome time the rest of the day. We'd both been in caves before, but never in a cenote. I am a bit claustrophobic and we are both rookie snorkelers. Eddie made us feel very comfortable, which allowed us to enjoy the experience. It was a little chilly. He wore his wetsuit and if we'd had ours, we probably would have worn them, but it wasn't too cold to enjoy the tour. I was a bit surprised when he didn't accompany us for the reef experience, but it was fine and we were welcomed aboard nicely, along with another couple. It was a beautiful, breathtaking experience that I definitely want to do again. I would recommend paying ahead of time and taking an underwater camera. I got great pics! Thanks to Eddie for the wonderful tour and to Sophia for the excellent communication before and after our trip. We loved our day and highly recommend The Snorkel Shop for an awesome experience on vacation!

Dear ksla62,
When ever you are ready we would be glad to take you again. Thank you for your review. The water in the cenotes is fresh water and is cool, 77F. But, it is no cooler than many of the lakes in the US and Canada. As you mentioned it is a thing of beauty and shouldn't be missed. Once again thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you again.