“Good for infrequent divers”
Review of Dive Shop Mexico

Dive Shop Mexico
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Shop Mexico is located in Playa del Carmen and is an owner-run operation. We focus on personalized service, safety and fun! We dive in small groups. We offer local dives in Playa del Carmen reefs, cenote cavern diving and Cozumel dives. Learn to dive with us! We teach PADI courses from Open Water diver. If you've never gone diving before, try our "Discover Scuba Diving" in half a day! We also offer snorkeling trips in the ocean and cenotes (whale shark snorkeling trip and Bull shark dive availables in season).
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I have my PADI open water certification and was looking to get a dive in during my week in Playa. I checked out a bunch of places and these guys were well priced and flexible in their dive locations. (of course I could have just lucked out on my timing). They understood my infrequent diving, but were cool that I was a little rusty. 4 divers for 1 guide.

Dove at Tortuga and Baracuda on the Playa side. Great sea life and the guide was good and pointing out the spots to look. the Reef was less colorful or impressive. I would suggest Cozumel for reef. They were straight shooters and their prices were good. The guide even spoke 4 languages.
I would use the again.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just experienced two awesome days of diving thanks to Dive Shop Mexico, one day Cenotes and the other Cozumel. E-mails back and forth between Natalia and I before I left for Mexico meant I was organized and stress free when I arrived. Cenotes are an amazing experience and would recommend it for anyone, felt very safe prior and during the dive thanks to my instructor. Cozumel was my 1st drift dive so I was nervous but lucky for me the current was very mild that day! I would highly recommend the Cenotes as they are so rare to experience, and book with Dive Mexico for friendly and professional service!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Both the wife and I took the opportunity to do 4 dives at the end of March using Dive Shop Mexico simply based on tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. The shop is a small hole in the wall that you could easily miss, the boat is small and seen better days but the friendliness of the operation, attention to detail not only for diver safety but also expectations of the dive site, what to expect, currents, etc. Dive masters have over 20+ years’ experience, set up for novice's through to experts, small groups of never more than four people. A very good experience and certainly the first place I will look up on my return to Mexico for some much needed R&R and scuba.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

What an easy review to write. If all businesses had Dive Shop Mexico’s personal easygoing service life would be a lot more fun. Natalia, Manuel and Sybil patiently answered all of our dumb questions helping us to plan the series of dives we wanted to complete. Enrique is an excellent dive companion and teacher with decades worth of dives behind him and lots of useful information that he imparts in a respectful and helpful way. “Capi”, our boat captain, checked and double-checked our equipment to ensure everything was in order and safe before we went over the side and was always on station to help us back aboard at the end of our dives. These folks run a slick, efficient operation. Thanks Dive Shop Mexico for a terrific experience. We’ll be back… –Geoff and Ted

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Natalia and Enrique took such good care of us. As beginner divers, Enrique made us feel safe and secure. His almost 20 years of dive experience was evident in the way he led us through our certification. Plus Enrique gave us amazing dives full of wonderful fish, eels, porcupine fish, barracudas, torpuns, corals, green turtles, and one of the largest loggerhead turtles Enrique ever saw. Thank you, Enrique!!! We highly recommend Dive Shop Mexico, Playa del Carmen for your dive experiences, beginner or expert. They also do cenote diving, which is what we intend to do next time we are down.

Shari and Mike