“There are many dive operations in Playa De Carmen. This is the best.”
Review of Dive Shop Mexico

Dive Shop Mexico
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Shop Mexico is located in Playa del Carmen and is an owner-run operation. We focus on personalized service, safety and fun! We dive in small groups. We offer local dives in Playa del Carmen reefs, cenote cavern diving and Cozumel dives. Learn to dive with us! We teach PADI courses from Open Water diver. If you've never gone diving before, try our "Discover Scuba Diving" in half a day! We also offer snorkeling trips in the ocean and cenotes (whale shark snorkeling trip and Bull shark dive availables in season).
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've been diving for 3 years and have 41 dives under my belt at the moment. Still lots to learn but I recognize a class operation when I see it. I dove for 3 days with them during spring break. Two on the reefs and one in the Cenote Dos Ojos. Enrique was our Divemaster the 1st day and Andrea was our guide on days two and three. Very friendly and knowledgable. These guys are PADI instructors 1st and foremost. Nice facilities, including a pool for student practice.They do things by the book. You will feel very safe and secure with them. They also offer a free secure place to store your gear so you dont have to lug it back to the hotel everynight. As you walk down the streets of Playa the salesman all say they will take you diving for less. I say you get what you pay for! I will be back!

All reviews
in 78 reviews
"neto"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I took the Open Water Diver course and it was an excellent experience from the beginning till the end. Felt safe and had fun during the entire course!! Great place to dive, have a good time and see amazing things down the sea. Instructor was awesome and all the people in the shop treated us very good. Totally recommended!!!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I took my Advanced Open Water course with Dive Shop Mexico in Feb.2012. My Dive Buddy took his Rescue Course at the same time. We did wreck dives, cenote dives and reef dives as part of our courses. Natalia is very knowlegable and a great instructor. There are bigger dive companies in the area but the personal and detailed attention you get with Dive Shop Mexico makes all the difference. Planning a trip for Feb. 2013 and will be going back to dive with them again!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Went to Mexico in November 2012 to get married. Whilst there myself and 5 of our group did the discover scuba trip with Dive Shop Mexico. It was my first time scuba diving so was of course a little nervous but also excited to do something I had wanted to do for such a long time. We were based nearer to Tulum so before we left I researched dive shops in Tulum, Akumal, Playa del Carmen amongst others. Dive Shop Mexico came out the cheapest and included 2 dives unlike most others which only provided one dive for a higher price. I felt this was maybe too good to be true so I came on TA and read lots of reviews and found they come very highly recommended so I got in touch and booked via email before we went on holiday.
Well I was not disappointed. We had a absolutely brilliant day. The guys at Dive Shop Mexico are fantastic. I felt totally safe due to the excellent briefing and practise in the pool behind the shop. This was my dads 3rd scuba experience (others in Greece and Egypt) and he was astounded at how much information was given to us compared to on other trips which is probably why he has suffered with pain in his ears before.
I would highly recommend Dive Shop Mexico for your next diving experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I'm so ashamed that it's taken me so long to write this review, since we went to Dive Shop Mexico in August and had such an incredible time with them! My husband and I were here for our honeymoon and got certified for scuba. Andrea was our instructor, whom I would highly recommend! We also went on a certification dives with Natalia and Beto who were great also. I wouldn't hesitate choosing any other dive shop in Playa, they are simply the best. I hope that we're able to come back soon to dive with them again!