I'll start by saying we stayed at El Faro for 7 nights and we booked our stay with rentals your way/playa luxury rentals! We rented unit coral 103. It's a first floor 3 bedroom condo directly in front of the
The location of El Faro can't be beat. I've stayed several places in Playa and nothing comes close to this. It's right on the beach with a very nice pool overlooking the ocean. Additionally, it's super close to 5th avenue near all the shops and restaurants. The grounds are maintained well. They have 24 hour security and there are always men around the pool willing to help move loungers or umbrellas. They have a restaurant on site that has decent food and they do pool and beach service. The only problem is they're only open from 11 to 5 daily. The reception people were very friendly and we never had any issues with them.
As for the unit itself, it was well appointed with nice furnishings and even has a bath tub in the master. It was kind of tight for a 3bedroom. The living room was definitely on the smaller side. The biggest problem with coral 103 were the AC units. They were miserable. They blow right on your face while you're in bed trying to sleep! They need to move them. They were a real problem! Who wants to lose sleep on vacation???
Again, we rented through rentals your way and they were great. Everything was set up with no issues. However, we needed a playpen and it was an additional 15$ per night. Really??? This should be included as a courtesy. Our washer dryer was broken in the unit. They did send someone out to fix it the next day. Housekeeping only comes every other day. I found that to not be enough. Coming off the beach with sand everywhere on the floors and wet towels it should be cleaned daily!
The thing that really upset me most was a sign on the oven/stove that said "do not use,out of order!" There were 6 of us for 8 days in a condo with non working stove. We also paid an extra fee to stop at Walmart to buy food prior to our arrival. They knew we were going to buy groceries but yet put us in a condo without a way to cook them and no warning!!! I find this unacceptable. We ended up eating out 24 meals and luckily for them we weren't planning to cook too much. But what if I had spent 500$ on food to cook?? It would have been a huge issue.
At the end of the day, I would definitely come back and stay again. The location and pool can't be beat. There were a few kinks but nothing that ruined our trip. It was really good overall!!! Just get those AC units relocated!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful exclusive condominium property is nestled in the heart of downtown Playa del Carmen, and perfectly situated right on the beach. Our 65 suites have a fully equipped kitchen, dining and living room area. The complex is comprised of three buildings, Reef, Coral and Surf, with one, two and three bedroom suites. These individually owned condominiums are spacious and each offers its own distinct style. Owners and guests enjoy our expansive pool, or basking in the sun on our beach front lounge chairs. Enjoy the view from your balcony; the impressive colours of the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Residences El Faro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encanto El Faro Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Residences El Faro Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico