My boyfriend and I have been coming to playa for many years and for the past five trips, have stayed at El Faro each and every time. We love this place! Therefore, I was shocked to read on Trip Advisor about all the timeshare nightmares. I feel awful for these people, and am sickened that these time-share jerks are coming people out of their money; it is despicable!
El Faro is AWESOME! PLEASE KNOW THIS! I have always booked through homeaway or VRBO and the two units that I have stayed in have been through private owners. My reservations are always honoured, the place is immaculate and whenever I have needed any assistance, the property manager has been quick to jump to my aid. I am sorry to hear this is not always the case, but I want to report, happily, that this has ALWAYS been my experience. The location of El Faro is second to none. The beach and pool are gorgeous. The staff is exceptionally helpful and kind. For those that want to be in the heart of it all, I can't recommend this place enough.
I have spoken with a few owners and other return renters over my visit and I know that El Faro is desperately trying to have the timeshare individuals removed and permanently banned from the property. They own NOTHING! Total criminals! However, Mexican law is very slow to support these things and it has been an uphill battle. But I have to say this. I was pretty shocked to hear someone tell me they paid the equivalent of 100 bucks a night for a million dollar condo through a time share. People! If it seems too good to be true, IT IS! I have been paying more than twive that since my first stay four years ago.
Going forward, I will continue to stay at, and wholeheartedly recommend, El Faro to people. When you’re reading El FARO reviews online, know that the properties are individually owned, decorated, and even managed, thus doing your research pays.
El Faro management has posted "stay away from timeshare sales!" signs up on the property but people are still falling for their pitches. I get this is crazy but just stay away from time share sales and if you make a bad choice, please don’t knock my favourite place to stay in the process; they are NOT one and the same!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful exclusive condominium property is nestled in the heart of downtown Playa del Carmen, and perfectly situated right on the beach. Our 65 suites have a fully equipped kitchen, dining and living room area. The complex is comprised of three buildings, Reef, Coral and Surf, with one, two and three bedroom suites. These individually owned condominiums are spacious and each offers its own distinct style. Owners and guests enjoy our expansive pool, or basking in the sun on our beach front lounge chairs. Enjoy the view from your balcony; the impressive colours of the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residences El Faro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encanto El Faro Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Residences El Faro Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico