The author of “Get Far Far Away from El Faro”, another review previously written, got the exact same experience as we did, it’s as if I wrote it myself.
We stayed in 205 reef (3 adults, 2 children). The time share condo was nice and clean, but that’s the only thing nice about el faro...
It is a TERRIBLE place for the all inclusive guests. To call this an all inclusive package is a shameful lie. The service, food and drinks are all complete garbage and in limited supply unless you are a resident or a potential purchaser of one of the time shares... then you get the royal treatment, good food and service... (The place is crawling with slimy salesmen buttering up potential clients) We ended up eating out most of the time.
So do yourself a favour and go to a real hotel instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful exclusive condominium property is nestled in the heart of downtown Playa del Carmen, and perfectly situated right on the beach. Our 65 suites have a fully equipped kitchen, dining and living room area. The complex is comprised of three buildings, Reef, Coral and Surf, with one, two and three bedroom suites. These individually owned condominiums are spacious and each offers its own distinct style. Owners and guests enjoy our expansive pool, or basking in the sun on our beach front lounge chairs. Enjoy the view from your balcony; the impressive colours of the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Residences El Faro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encanto El Faro Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Residences El Faro Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico