We arrived at El Faro and there were no warnings about sewage being dumped in the ocean. The three of us that went in the ocean were immediately sick with diarrhea. Throughout the stay, there was a foul sulfur smell comming off the ocean that made staying near the beach a nauseating experience. Unfortunately, the locals and Mexican authorities are not capable of handling this major health issue. More important to have money coming in. The building had throughout the night the bass throb of dance music which made sleeping difficult.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful exclusive condominium property is nestled in the heart of downtown Playa del Carmen, and perfectly situated right on the beach. Our 65 suites have a fully equipped kitchen, dining and living room area. The complex is comprised of three buildings, Reef, Coral and Surf, with one, two and three bedroom suites. These individually owned condominiums are spacious and each offers its own distinct style. Owners and guests enjoy our expansive pool, or basking in the sun on our beach front lounge chairs. Enjoy the view from your balcony; the impressive colours of the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residences El Faro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encanto El Faro Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Residences El Faro Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico