We returned for a second visit to El Faro this past week and, once again, it has exceeded all of our expectations!
Check in and check out was a breeze- maybe two minutes and a lot of the same staff are still around. That in itself speaks volumes about the kind of staff they are and dedication to the job. We even had the same housekeeper! The big difference was the addition of the wristband. As the property is fully finished now I guess there is more people to keep trackof. No matter. Also, instead of using our owners beach towels we were to get beach towels from the front desk- I think this may be a way of trying to curtail the towel game. They are enforcing people coming down at the crack of dawn to reserve chairs and then leaving. Instead, they either ask that you wait until after 8 am or you stay with your chairs. That is the option I chose because it is really no bother to read my book on a comfy lounger with my morning coffee at hand looking out at the ocean.
We stay in Reef 302 and I am told this is possibly one of the lovliest units in the complex. Our owners (found through www.vrbo.com)have clearly gone to a tremendous amount of trouble in order to make a stay as comfortable and home like as possible. Fully stocked with dishes, cookwear, beach chairs and toys, lighted vanity mirrors and this year's new, but welcome, addition wifi- you really could not ask for more. Daily housekeeping is included and our housekeeper worked really hard to keep things spotless for us. The balcony is huge and I can't begin to track the amount of hours we spent out there.
The property itself is located on a very lively stretch of beach, one block from the all of the happenings of fifth avenue. There is so many bars, restaurants and beach clubs to choose from all within a short walks distance. So many that I didn't cook a single thing! As last year, I used Riviera Maya grocery service to have some essentials delivered to the condo (beer, wine, snacks,coffee)that way we could get straight to our vacation! If you are so inclined Walmart is a few blocks up the road and an easy walk.
The grounds are beautiful and the pool lovely. The pool chairs are not quite as pristine as they were last year but every bit as good as any we saw at any other beach club. One can't expect that they won't show signs of wear when they are exposed to constant use, sun, sand, rain and wind. The beach is perfect for swimming and I andthe kids spent many hours boogie boarding in the waves. The beach has eroded quite significantly in this area but it is still beautiful and there are plenty of chairs for El Faro guests to use.
I know there have been many complaints about noise and I can't figure out where these people were staying to have been so bothered. Yes, once in a while, you could the base if the wind was blowing in the right direction and if you were sitting outside or had all the windows open. I ususally have a lot of trouble falling asleep and on this trip I slept like a baby. My mom and daughter shared the back bedroom and didn't hear a single thing.
I very much hope to return to Reef 302 and El Faro someday soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful exclusive condominium property is nestled in the heart of downtown Playa del Carmen, and perfectly situated right on the beach. Our 65 suites have a fully equipped kitchen, dining and living room area. The complex is comprised of three buildings, Reef, Coral and Surf, with one, two and three bedroom suites. These individually owned condominiums are spacious and each offers its own distinct style. Owners and guests enjoy our expansive pool, or basking in the sun on our beach front lounge chairs. Enjoy the view from your balcony; the impressive colours of the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Residences El Faro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encanto El Faro Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Residences El Faro Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico