Lets start by saying that the views are amazing. The beach is beautiful and clean. The rooms are furnished well and meticulously cleaned everyday.
The unit we had surf 405 is a three bedroom three bathroom unit with a pull out couch. The first two rooms are great with views of the ocean and connected by a great balcony that we ate breakfast every morning. The third bedroom however is a bit of a dungeon, that faces the inner hallway with a glass block window to let in light during the day. This would be ok for a kids room but if traveling with 3 couples as we did it was an unfortunate surprise.
You will get a 3 page paper at check in that will require you to do an inventory of everything in the unit and check if anything is broken. A bit annoying but understandable. In doing this I noticed a few things that where broken, a lamp and one of the air conditioner units in the kitchen did not work. (by the way they only have one remote for all of the AC so if in the middle of the night you want to change the temp you would usually wake someone up trying to find the remote)
There are a few areas that could use some improvement. The sound system at the resturant affiliated with the hotel called Wickis could use a better sound system not to be louder but to not hear high pitched beeping every minute or so. Kinda interrupts the surf.
The kitchen layout was annoying how the fridge would roll out whenevery you would try to open it which would prevent the dishwasher from being opened. You could see the dents on the fridge where this was an issue before.
It would be great if there was better water pressure and more hot water too. For a three bedroom unit I would have expected a larger hot water heater.
There was a wedding the last night of our stay that was extremely loud. It would be nice if you could supply ear plugs for these occasions so other guests are able to sleep, everyone loves a wedding but I love my sleep more. It only went to 11 though but I am an early riser and wanted to go to bed early.
These are just a few things that we noticed during our stay that were inconvenient but didn't in any way ruin our trip. We had a great time and would return to the Encanto El Faro in the future
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful exclusive condominium property is nestled in the heart of downtown Playa del Carmen, and perfectly situated right on the beach. Our 65 suites have a fully equipped kitchen, dining and living room area. The complex is comprised of three buildings, Reef, Coral and Surf, with one, two and three bedroom suites. These individually owned condominiums are spacious and each offers its own distinct style. Owners and guests enjoy our expansive pool, or basking in the sun on our beach front lounge chairs. Enjoy the view from your balcony; the impressive colours of the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Vacatia, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residences El Faro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encanto El Faro Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Residences El Faro Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico