From the moment we arrived, until the moment we left Ramone and Sylvia did an exceptional job at making our stay wonderful. We had a problem with the air conditioner in our room, and it was promptly fixed.
The kitchen in our 1 bedroom condo (#407) was well equipped with everything we needed. The bed was comfortable, and the view from our ocean-front unit was fantastic. Our only complaint would be the fact that the condo does not have any lamps, only overhead lights. Would be good to have bedside lamps for when you're getting into bed. We had the lighthouse right outside our balcony. We didn't know our room steward's name, but he did a great job in keeping our room clean and towels replaced.
Although we were right above Wicky's and across from an adjacent bar, we were never disturbed by any noise.
We ate our breakfasts in (with groceries we picked up at Walmart), and enjoyed lunches at Wicky's everyday. We would share a nice club sandwich or burger and drinks for less than US$20. We had a few days when lunch service was a bit hit and miss at Wicky's, but by far the best service we got was from Jose-Luis. He greeted us warmly and had that personal touch to make us feel like appreciated guests. He even remembered our favorite drinks!
The hotel is in a fabulous location! One quick block to 5th avenue. We ate at some delicious restaurants. We walked to everything, and only took a cab to the airport! Walmart is only 4 blocks away.
We will definitely go back, maybe next time with the kids and stay in a 2 or 3 bedroom unit. Now that we have stayed in the heart of PDC, we are hooked!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful exclusive condominium property is nestled in the heart of downtown Playa del Carmen, and perfectly situated right on the beach. Our 65 suites have a fully equipped kitchen, dining and living room area. The complex is comprised of three buildings, Reef, Coral and Surf, with one, two and three bedroom suites. These individually owned condominiums are spacious and each offers its own distinct style. Owners and guests enjoy our expansive pool, or basking in the sun on our beach front lounge chairs. Enjoy the view from your balcony; the impressive colours of the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Vacatia, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residences El Faro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encanto El Faro Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Residences El Faro Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico