“Amazing experience inc bull shark feeding dives”
Review of Phantom Divers

Phantom Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: PHANTOM DIVERS is a full service PADI DIVE CENTRE & SNSI DIVE CENTRE located in Playa del Carmen (Riviera Maya) Mexico since 1983. We offer: Scuba Diving Courses & certifications (Open Water, Advace Open Water, Rescue, Dive Master, Specialities), Cavern Diving, SHARK DIVING SPECIALIST, Cozumel diving, Reef Diving, Wreck and Night Diving. Our multilingual local instructors will help you discover the Mexican Caribbean wonders in a safe and fun way. We also offer scuba instruction for children, we welcome all agencies like: PADI, NAUI, SSI, IANTD, TDI. When diving with Phantom Divers, besides having a good time you will also help conservation, since Phantom Divers supports several ONG'S, participating in conservational projects.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Can't recommend these guys enough. The service from start to finish was excellent and the instructors were so good, friendly and enthusiastic. I did 3 dives as a relatively inexperienced diver alongside much more experienced divers and was well looked after the whole way. You might find slightly better facilities at some dive centres but frankly, who cares. You're there for the experience and the experience was absolutely spot on the whole way.

I booked in advance over email and the correspondence was excellent and very re-assuring.

The quality of the dive sites is excellent also (if a little restricted I understand unless you make the longer trip to Cozumel). I did a 2 tank dive taking in a reef and then a wreck in the morning followed by the unforgetable experience of a bull shark feeding dive in the afternoon. That was something else! I took a Go Pro video which you can check out here - http://youtu.be/dT3H2rLhlyg

For the record, I was on a family holiday and just wanted one days diving (me on my own). I was not on a diving holiday. I am an Open Water diver and only dive on holiday.

Would recommend this place very highly indeed!!

phantomdivers, Manager at Phantom Divers, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Hi fll7jkh,

Thank you very much for your review, it is a great one!

We are really glad you had such a good experience with the dive sites, dive master and the staff. W hope to have you back one day to do some more dives! If you have any other suggestion feel free to let us know. Thank you again and keep diving!

Sincerely, The Phantom Divers Team

There are newer reviews for Phantom Divers

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Did a shallow two tank drift dive 1 afternoon. No frills, you won't get cake and cookies between dives here, but good dive master and excellent dives. No sunshade on boat which caused a few people greif but not really an issue.

phantomdivers, Manager at Phantom Divers, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Hi Canadianfireman,

Thank you very much for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your dives! We will consider your review and see if we could offer a snack or fruit in between dives!

Phantom Divers team

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My step daughter and I were in Playa Del Carmen and did the discover scuba dive with Phantom Divers.
This was my second time doing discover scuba and my step daughter's first time. Erick, our dive master was very good. He took his time explaining everything and was very safety consious. The dive shop was very professional and had everything we required.
We went on two 30 foot dives on a local reef. Saw lots of interesting wildlife, including three moral eels, an octopus, huge starfish, and a large stingray. Erick was quick to point everything out and took a lot of pictures (which we purchased after).
If you were thinking of trying diving out, I would not hesitate to go with Phantom Divers. Pricing was reasonable and again very professional.
Thanks to Phantom Divers and Erick for a great experience.

1  Thank Nigel E
phantomdivers, Manager at Phantom Divers, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Hi Nigel!

Thank you very much for your review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your dives, and where pleased with our instructor and the Phantom Divers team!

We hope to have you back soon at Playa del Carmen!

Sincerely, Phantom Divers team.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Loved the staff and dive masters at Phantom Divers! I recommend diving with them while in Playa Del Carmen.

phantomdivers, Manager at Phantom Divers, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

lkgracewalking

Thank you very much for your review! We are very glad you had a great experience while diving with us. We hope to have you back diving with us!

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I recently dived with phantom divers on feb. 16 in the afternoon. I was with my wife, and two friends, there was three others on the boat with us as well. We were all novice divers, I have only dived once and one other person on the boat dived a few times a year.

The instructions we received on land were very thorough any questions were answered and clealy explained. There was two girls who weren't very confident and quite nervous about getting Into the water. The dive master was very patient and got them all into the water. He took the first group of us down as we were quite confident with only going down 12 feet and resting in the bottom. The two dive masters took their time in helping the girls who were quite nervous how to equalize properly and adjust their BCD's. Everyone made it down comfortably. Next was the shallow reef dive and it was about 35-40 feet. We saw lots of fish and eels. The coral wasn't the most spectacular I've seen but it was quite nice for everyone that hasn't seen a reef before. There were also lots of little fish and creatures that would have been missed had we not been shown what was in the coral hiding. Our second tank dive was done with only three divers and two dive masters as the others felt as though they needed a break. We has an 11 year old with us and he felt quite nervous to go down the 40feet so he stayed in the boat on the reef dives. I would define you dive with them again on my next trip.

phantomdivers, Manager at Phantom Divers, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Sigh4

Thank you very much for you review! We are really glad your dives where nice and comfortable. As instructors we try specially with beginners to make them feel secure, because the first experience in diving is really important!!!!!! Thank you again, and we hope to see you back some day form more dives!

Sincerely the Phantom Divers staff.