My boyfriend and I just got back from our second visit to the Banyan Tree Mayakoba, and it was just as great as ever....great service, wonderful and relaxing setting, superb massage, etc. The entire staff is always there to help with anything you may need. Claudia, the reservations manager, went above and beyond the call of duty in helping us with our booking, giving us advice about the area, and just generally giving exceptional service. We also really liked Tania, the hostess at Tamarind, who was charming, friendly and funny! I would recommend taking the ecological boat tour if you get the chance - it's really interesting to see the ecosystem and the birds, fish and reptiles that live there - it's fun to go through the canals and you can also get a glimpse of the other resorts within the complex - well worth the time (it takes about an hour and is done several days a week - I believe Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday). I'm already thinking about another visit...although I do have to agree with some of the other reviewers that it would be nice if the hotel offered more Mexican food at meals other than breakfast (which is great)....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico