If you are looking for privacy, huge rooms and quite relaxation this is your place. If you are looking to party, you should go elsewhere. The physical beauty of the rivers is prettier at rosewood, but the rooms are better at Banyan. The spa center is better at Rosewood, but the actual treatments are better at banyan. Both beach pool areas are great but banyans is slightly more exclusive. Getting around Banyan is much easier and fun because they give you bikes. Transportation to and from the hotel is better at rosewood, nicer cars and better drivers, but both are too expensive and you can get a round trip in a similar suv for 100 less if you check online. The service at both hotels have some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Banyan is more zen and rosewood is more fun and party.
Room. garden pool villa, amazing, huge and private, only knocks is that we could never get the room cold enough and a table in the room would have been nice. Also the TV is in a very bad location and if you can't sleep with any light in the room definitely bring a night mask.
Suggestion. ask for 2 keys when you check in that way you can use one of them to keep your room cold.
Food. Saffron was the best thai ever, eat there every night. Room service was good, but everywhere else we were disappointed in the food. All the alcohol drinks were well made. If you are a cigar smoker, u will need to go to Rosewood to get one.
Spa. This is one of my biggest complaints about the resort. The exercise room is way too small, it needs to be at least 4 times bigger. The resort felt like it was empty but we could never get a cardio machine in the morning. They have six therapists from Thailand and this is one of the resorts biggest assets. Amazing massages.
Besides the gym, my biggest suggestion is that you add some fun to the place. The american traveler is different from the asian traveler in that, while we also like to relax, we like to be entertained or let loose as well. The nightlife at banyan is non existant and there is really nothing for kids to do but go to the beach. It would have been nice if they had some water toys on the beach and at night they need some excitment, like karoke or tequila tasting or more exciting band than the harpist. For 300 a night this is as good an amazing deal. with a little tweaking banyan would be the best
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico