Banyan Tree Mayakoba
$227
$191
$587
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$297
$217
Barcelo.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$385
$240
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$401
$289
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$726
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$438
$472
$973
$450
2,334 results
All reviewsprivate poolrainforest experienceoutdoor bathtubeco toursaffron restaurantsands restaurantin villa diningla coparesort hostreflections poolsanctuary pool villabreakfast buffetvilla bbqbuggy driversbuggy servicegolf cartbeach club
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are checking out tomorrow. The property is beautiful, and the service is outstanding. It's definitely expensive, though. In ways it is worth it. However, there are a couple of drawbacks. Dining options are limited to 4 places, all of which are pricey ... 100 dollar buffet breakfast? We almost passed out. The Thai restaurant was wonderful. tamarind was just okay, with very few options on the menu. The other options are the beach restaurant or the lobby bar. So, as far as dining went we felt limited if we didn't want to throw down a couple hundred dollars. The beach is gorgeous, but you have to take a 10 minute
Ride in a golf cart to get there. Once you are there it is beautiful though. But this is not a hotel where you can just walk to the beach or dinner. Most places on the property are a ride in a golf cart away. The villas are too notch, all of them have pools, although we never used ours. Overall, it's a wonderful hotel, but really a place that is more for honeymooners or a very special occasion. Or a place for people with enough money for a one hundred dollar breakfast. :) the staff were definitely my favorite part ... They were top notch!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Just returned from a 5 night stay at this resort and it was absolutely marvelous in every respect. Upon arrival, we were immediately struck by the beauty of the grounds and the lobby area. The central water courtyard with the iconic Banyan Tree is truly spectacular. Check in was a delight. We were greeted by our Resort Host Helen with cool, scented towels and check in was accomplished in comfortable couches in the open air lobby. Then we boarded the Resort's electric boat for the trip to our villa. This was a trip celebrating my daughter's 16th birthday and she had no idea where we were going. She thought she had seen the highlight with the boat picking us up right at the lobby. However, the true surprise came when we reached our villa. I had booked a two bedroom beach area villa, because I wanted to be able to walk to the beach. I knew the room I booked was going to amaze her, but we were both amazed when we found out we had been upgraded to a 3 bedroom beachfront villa. All the glowing reviews of the rooms at this resort are true, and I will just say that our beachfront villa was the most spectacular "room" I have ever seen, let alone stayed in. I put room in quotes, because this was more like having our own private mini resort within a resort. 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, a kitchen, a HUGE private pool and hot tub, a very private and beautiful beach area...it was almost surreal. However, as great as the rooms are, the service is even better. Literally every individual we met at this resort went out of their way to insure that we had a fun and carefree stay. The thing that struck me the most was the sincerity of the staff. They all seemed to genuinely want guests to enjoy themselves and the property as much as possible. In particular, our Resort Host Helen and the Beach Manager Juan Carlos Ramos went out of their way to make my daughter and our whole family feel extremely welcome and special. Not only did they send a birthday cake to our room, but Helen personally delivered a special and very thoughtful gift to my daughter. Mr. Ramos personally welcomed us to our villa and personally said goodbye when we were departing (going so far as to personally bring some items to the lobby that we had forgot in the villa). All of the food we had was very good, in particular meals at the Sands restaurant and the in-villa BBQ, which was a unique and fantastic experience. The Buggy service was prompt and friendly and we actually enjoyed the rides around the beautiful property. The only reason I can think of why someone would not love this resort is if they are looking for a lot of exciting nightlife, which it does not have. What you get instead is incredible natural beauty, amazing villas and awesome personalized service. I cannot recommend this resort highly enough. It is certainly the best overall resort I have stayed at anywhere (including a number of 5 star hotels and resorts around the world).

Room Tip: The beachfront villas are VERY expensive, but are spectacular in every respect.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I went to Banyan Tree Mayakoba for a couple of days with my wife and the hole experience was great. The resort itself is magnific, having a private villa and the outstanding service will definitely make you want to stay forever there!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rodrigo H
Reviewed November 23, 2013

No matter if you have travelled the world this property will impress you for its architecture, it's decor, the location in the very exclusive Mayakoba development, the refine servi wand the facilities will make your stay an amazing one. The villas are impressive, luxurious but warmth and organic.Do not miss a visit to their Rain Forest experience a water based spa circuit that is like no other thing you have done in the most zen ambiance you could aspire, the food at the resort is magnificent and you will not want to leave this amazing hotel.

Room Tip: They have different kinds of Villas if you are traveling with a group consider staying in a two or 3 bedroom villa you will have complete privacy because of the layout and because each bedroom has a bathroom, and you will have some great common area to enjoy your group and connect.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Best hotel in Riviera Maya, great service, rooms aré deligthed, marvelous amennities and best golf course in Cancún. The food is One of the best in town. Zafron and tamarind have great dishes. I have been in Banyan tree in 2 times.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com