Stayed 3 nights for a wedding in summer 2012. A bit of a drive to get to the resort from the airport, but the property itself was beautiful and impressive. We were in a villa with a pool, and the villa itself and the pool were great. Villa was spacious, had a great walk-in closet area, the bathroom was nice as well. Did not love the fact that it was so far to get to the restaurants, spa, etc., and required calling for a driven golf car every time unless we wanted a 10-15 minute walk.
And definitely did not love the overabundance of mosquitoes. I got bitten up so much any time I stepped outside that it really detracted from the overall experience and led me to not enjoy our private pool and garden area nearly as much as we would have.
Otherwise service was outstanding and the spa was nice and relaxing as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico