We just recently got back from Banyan Tree, I am pretty particular about resorts, but this place was great for relaxation. They have the best customer service ever. They did everything to accommodate us. I forgot my flatiron, they let me borrow theirs. Our villa had a heated pool and jazcuzzi. The jazcuzzi was soo hot we could not get in it. We called the front desk and asked them to adjust the heat, which they did ASAP. But they also sent the pool guy to add cold water, so we would have instant results. Within 5 mins of the call to the front desk, we were able to get in the jacuzzi. I got a massage one day--best ever. The massage and daily breakfast was included in our rate. Breakfast/brunch was excellent it was from 7a-12pm which was also great if we wanted to sleep in. We mostly ate room service $40-$80 for 2. Downside is no nightlife. It is a very quiet and relaxing place. Although the beach pool was the kids hangout. The beach is beautiful. Our room did have a stale smell, but after burning incense and running the AC it was fine. We rented bicycles 6/day to get around which was cool. It's either that, walking or they will pick you up whenever by golf cart. We also splurged on the xchell boat dinner $600. Very expensive, but it was worth it to me. Very romantic, delicious 5 course meal cooked on boat by private chef, my husband wanted hot sauce and the chef didn't have any, so he MADE some for him. Unbelievable! --love this place. I'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Jetsetter, Hotel.de, HRS and Reservation Counter so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico