Magnificent property! You drive up to the remarkable entrance, drive up to a perfect staff and whisked away to your gorgeous room that has a private pool. We were upgraded to a room that had a pool pavilion , again unbelievable! We were stunned at beauty! Off to the beach? Not a lot of beach? Ok, how about the beach club pool? Packed, full, no place to lounge, small. Ok, maybe resort pool? No sun hitting lounge chairs. The nice attendant said there are no chairs in the sun just the baby pool area which is kinda out in the middle of everyone! You may ask why not the pool at your room! While our room and pool were awesome the water was fairly cold (not heated) and we had nowhere to soak up some sun due to the proximity of the room location to the sun. On day 2, I asked the desk if we could use the other 2 properties pools ( Rosewood and Fairmont ), I was told they frowned on that. I get back home and read a huge article in my papers Sunday Travel section and it states that you do have access to other pools? Not sure? Overall, we had a great experience , it is very expensive but the rooms and service are outstanding. I think we are more small boutique hotel seekers instead of the over the top wonderland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico