We booked a last minute trip to the Banyan Tree Mayakoba in March 2012 and we very pleased with our choice. The hotel was lovely, and the privacy of the villas was exactly what we were looking for - we could be completely self-contained if that was what we wanted, although we did spend time at the main pool and at the beach througout our stay. We stayed in the base-level villa - we were far from the beach but close to reception and to the restaurants. The food at the restaurants was pretty good - we were frankly a little tired of eating at the hotel after 6 nights but that was to be expected. The gym was small but decently appointed. The beach itself was far from the best beach I have ever been on, but the hotel certainly made the most of it and as compared to the other hotels in the same area, we were definitely happy we had chosen the Banyan Tree. If I were to go back, I would ask for a room that got a little more afternoon sun - we got a good portion of the sun in the morning but were in the shade for the most of the afternoon, which was disappointing. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful which made the experience all the more enjoyable. If you are looking for a very low-key, relaxing getaway I would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico