We had chosen Banyan Tree once again, this time Mayakoba to celebrate our 30st anniversary and we absolutely did not get disappointed. From the beginning of our 14 night stay to the end, we got pampered and all the servants (from reception, restaurants, call center, beach boy, buggy driver, cleaning equippe, maintenance) we only got their best. We were fortunate to stay at a Spa Pool Villa, and relaxed in all the places available. Coming from Europe we are not used having the facilities of a pool and sundeck and enjoyed the early morning or late evening hours for a swim in the private pool.
Rooms: Big nicely and warm furnished, not modern, that is correct, but rustical with a mexican/asian touch, thus giving you the feeling of cozyness and being welcomed.
Check-in/check-out procedure: very efficient and smooth.
Buggy Service: they picked us up within 5-10 min. after the call. Though there was a huge wedding going on, we never had to wait too long for a buggy ride.
Besides, most of the rooms are within walking distance to the lobby and breakfast area. Or walking back from Saffron to the room only takes you 15 min. max.
Restaurants: all the restaurants are absolutely clean, and very inviting.
The breakfast choice in the Oriente was absolutely amazing. The Tamarind and Saffron had their prices, but considering one is staying in a 5* star hotel you also expect a certain environment at night and service, and that was absolutely given. The prices of the nicely presented food in fact, are similar to the once we pay in Switzerland. The wine was quite expensive, but from what we heard from other parties that we had met on tours, is that wine offered in hotels in Mexico are in general expensive. So we shifted our alcoholic preference and visited the bar and enjoyed a glass of cocktail instead. And if you felt, you needed more light to read the menue and to sign the check, no problem just ask for a tourch or use your torch ap on your mobile.
Beach: wonderful, sugar like long beach to stroll on. Unfortunately the weather was not always perfect, and so the amazing carribean sea colours were missing and a lot of waste got washed ashore (plastic cups, bottles, shoes whatever that had been thrown over ship out there somewhere). Perhaps during bad days and high tide the cleaning frequency should be increased.
Eco-tour: offered by Banyan Tree is a must, you might be seing Alex the crocodile, and many other species fliying species.
As mentioned before, there was a huge wedding going on with approx. 250 guests, and so one night the noise level was quite high. We tried to escape, dinner at Saffron, and stayed in the room with closed windows at night and it did not bother us. But most probabely it would have been slighly different, if we had only spend a couple of days at this resort.
We are definitely looking forward to visiting Banyan Tree again. Thank you for giving us such a nice room and great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico