“Luxury”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
UK
“Luxury”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have stayed at a Banyan Tree before, so we had high expectations before we arrived. The Banyan Tree Mayakoba did not disappoint. From the very beginning to the very last day we were surrounded in luxury and treated like royalty. The customer service at the Banyan Tree is consistent, friendly and of exceptional standards.

The villa was exactly as we saw on the photos - so spacious and well appointed. Housekeeping is excellent and the turn down service with a little gift each night leaves you feeling so well treated.

The food can be pricey, especially for the area, but you get excellent quality each time. As long as you are aware of the prices, then you cannot fail to be impressed. We ate all but one night at the Banyan Tree and tried all the restaurants - the food is impressive and worth the price.

Special mention goes to William at La Copa bar - who was so friendly and knowledgeable of the area. He remembered our preferences and offered special cocktails to suit. Our host, Alan, was always at hand for any of our needs. We were originally placed next to a loud generator but Alan immediately moved us to a quieter location without any fuss. He was very friendly and attentive.

Overall an amazing, relaxing holiday at a luxurious hotel with exceptional customer service. If you are looking in this price range, look no further than Banyan Tree Mayakoba.

Room Tip: Room 201-203 are near a loud generator - avoid if possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank welltravelled07
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Mayakoba, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear welltravelled07

On behalf of all the Banyan Tree Mayakoba staff I say thank you for the nice comments you just have written regarding your stay with us.

I personally feel happy to know that you felt very pampered and relaxed during your vacation and that the personnel you mentioned has gone beyond the expectation you had before arrival.

I wish to be able to welcome you again to our hotel

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Malibu, California
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We're not crazy about big hotels but the banyan tree definitely did not disappoint. The great architecture and attention to detail is present everywhere you go. We loved taking the boat to the beach, hanging out at our own pool, thai massage/body treatments and even the kitschy rainforest experience at the spa. Out of all the restaurants we enjoyed having dinner at tamarind the best. I know that saffron is highly rated but since we live in los angeles, we're no strangers to delicious thai food. I'm not a fan of breakfast buffet's but I found myself looking forward to eating at the oriente every morning : )

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank naiainlosangeles
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Mayakoba, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear judyk226

It is with great pleasure to read that the staff of the Banyan Tree Mayakoba was able to deliver service up to your expectations.

Thank you for sharing with other travelers that you had an enjoyable stay.

We are looking forward to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

bangkok
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Spent 7 nights in a Courtyard Pool Villa. In the past I have stayed in other BT's (Madivaru and Al Wadi) so my expectation of this resort was very high. I am happy to say the hotel was a lot better then I expected. I would go as far as saying it was the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

The Villa was big, well decorated and relaxing. The private pool was the biggest I have seen in a pool villa and so was the hot tub.

The food was incredible. In particular the Lobster Salad in Tamerind was out of this world. I had it at least once a day. You have to try it!

The service was off the richter scale. I thought I had experienced good service in the Middle East and Asia but the service here was a step above. The word NO was just not in their vocabulary. Every request was replied with a friendly "yeah sure no problem". The staff all speak perfect English, friendly and seemed to loved working there.

As long as they do not change anything, I will be back.

Room Tip: 202 was a good room. Very close to reception and Oriente.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear nealphillipsBangkok

Thank you for writing at the Trip Advisor site about your stay with us. Your nice notes regarding your experience are very well appreciated by all of our associates; it make us happy to know that our service as left such a good impression on you.

We will be glad to welcome you back again to Banyan Tree Mayakoba,

Wishing you a wonderful day,

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Fantastic Hotel. The concept of private villas is unique and quite well implemented. The service is always close at hand but not overwhelming.
I traveled with my wife, and everything was just perfect. I don't know that it would be ideal for kids.
Well worth the prices.

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Mayakoba, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear viajero de BanaynTree.com

It is great to know that you and your wife had enjoyed the time in our hotel. Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

We will love to welcome you back again for another short break in the sun.

With my best wishes,

Maximilian Lennkh,
Area General Manager.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel is fantastic. I went there for my honeymoon. My wife and I strongly recommend this hotel for a honeymoon or getaway of any kind. It is perfect for couples. We really enjoyed our garden villa, particularly the private pool, hot tub and pavillion. The rooms are clean, comfortable, stylish and extremely nice. The resort itself is beautiful, well-designed and well-maintained. It is very complimentary to its natural surroundings. The staff was - without exception - helpful, courteous and professional. We loved the on-premises restaurant, Saffron. In fact, it was so good that we ate there twice during our one week stay. We also really enjoyed the breakfast buffet available at the onsite restaurant, Oriente. We can't wait to go back!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear viajero de BanyanTree.com

I am very happy to read that we have been able to live up to your expectations and that we have been able to help to make your Honeymoon a memorable experience. I want to say thank you for celebrating this unique event with us.

Your nice comments are very much appreciated by the whole staff of our resort, thank you for taking the time to recommend Banyan Tree Mayakoba hotel.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Staying at Mayakoba was an experience I wont soon forget. The level of customer service was off the charts. I need to point out 4 exceptional people. Dassi for giving me the best massage that I have ever had. Francisco at check in . Rafa at The Sands restaurant. Antonio for bringing our delicious coconut drinks on the beach. Our villa was fantastic. This was my first visit to Mayakoba, I cant wait until I can go back.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Mayakoba, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear viajero de BanyanTree.com

Thank you very much for your review on your resent trip to our hotel.

All of our associates are appreciative when they receive complimentary comments like yours, and the fact that you have named some of them makes them feel even prouder.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay and please do let me know when you come for a second visit.

With best regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I cannot rave about this resort enough! The stunning villas with private pools and outdoor bathtubs, the perfect white sand beach, the friendliness of the staff, the incredible service, the lush landscaping, the architectural details, the over-the-top brunches.... Our hosts, Priscilla and Francisco, were both extraordinary, and took care of our every need. I have been to Banyan Tree 3 times and plan to return soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

1 Thank 2014alice
Dear Viajero de BanyanTree.com

On behalf of Banyan Tree Mayakoba, I would like to thank you for visiting us again. Your nice notes have been shared with our staff, thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back for a fourth stay to our resort and we will make sure your stay is nothing else but a amazing experience again.

Wit Best Wishes,