Just returned today from the Banyan Tree Mayakoba. I have done a fair amount of travel and this is the best place I have stayed. Why? service, accommodations, unique, private, tranquil, luxurious, etc.
Their were families here, but this is a fantastic place for couples to spend time with each other. This is a great place for a honeymoon, anniversary or any special occassion.
The reviews you read about this place are true! It will exceed your expectations.
We especially enjoyed Cesar and Alejandro at breakfast. They wait in the Oriente breakfast buffet. They were extremely personal and warmed our mornings. They remembered our names and always made us feel welcome. As many have mentioned the breakfast buffet is incredible. It had plentiful offerings of fresh fruit and juices, meats, cheeses, breads, mexican specialties, omlettes prepared to order, etc.
We dined at Sands at the beach for a late lunch. Open air, nice selection of foods, the most reasonably priced restaurant on property.
We also dined at Tamerind. The setting was very nice, but the food was amazing. My wife and I both had the carrot soup. I had lobster and she had scallops. I finished with the lemon pie. Everything was incredibly tasty.
We would finish our buffet every morning and take the 15 minute stroll down to the beach. The pool and beach setting was private and beautiful with great service.
We would walk back in the afternoon and relax in the very private pool and courtyard at our villa. (110)
I also want to mention Fransisco in reception. He was a delight. Quick with a smile and always willing to help with recommendations.
Take the boat to the beach once. Worth the trip, beautiful scenery.
The golf course looked challenging as well. I did not play on this trip though.
There is more to stay, but here are my Pro's and Con's (not really)
- Great service - no one passes you without smiling and saying hello. It appears genuine. Either way, the staff has been well trained.
- Private, tranquil, and relaxing.
- Great Spa - my wife and I enjoyed a couples massage.
- Adequate work out facility
- Wifi included throughout the resort
- Private, uncrowded beach
- Fantastic restaurants
- There are more, but you get the idea.
- It is expensive, but worth it if you can afford it.
- If you are looking for something where you walk out of your room and onto the beach, this probably isn't your property.
- If you like crowds and being around alot of people etc., not your place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico