Grand Velas really blew us away!! Like many other reviewers have mentioned we too were iffy about booking an all inclusive, so glad we did. My husband and I stayed at GV the end of August for 5nights for our Babymoon. We stayed in the Zen section of the hotel which we loved. I was worried when booking the Zen area and originally thought it was to far away from the beach and I wouldn't like hopping in and out of a shuttle while pregnant. I didn't not mind the shuttle ride at all, shuttles were always there, we never waited longer than 2 minutes for ride. Most of the time we were the only one's in the shuttle and the ride was just a few minutes to other sections of hotel. I recommend saving the extra cash and booking in Zen, we really loved our room with plunge pool (we never used it). It was quiet and set in the beautiful jungle. The lobby and grounds were immaculate and the service was impeccable. The room was spacious and modern, bed was divine (want to go out and get us a king bed).
Hands down some of the best food I've ever eaten. My hubs and I are real foodies and spoiled with great food living in NYC. Food was really amazing at the resort and we were totally surprised by how much effort and thought was put into every dish we ate. Ditch the breakfast buffets and eat at Bistro every morning in Grand Class section of hotel. Sooooo good and beautiful view overlooking pool and beach. My hubby enjoyed the cocktails and I must have drank 100 virgin Pina Colada's, very good!Pool food was great, Ceviche's amazing! We really loved all the restaurants except for italian ( Luppo). Food was not bad but not great either, pizza was ok. Big fans of tasting menus and Cocina De Autor was fantastic, meal was up there in my top 5. Sen Lin was scrumptious, peking duck is the move. Piaf was beautiful and I enjoyed every bite while listening to the violinist.
The service at the hotel is unlike any other resort we've been to. Cold towels and ice pops/fruit at the pool. Ice bottles of water as soon as you sit down. Never finished a drink without a refill not on its way .The staff is all so happy and friendly. At dinner each night, we were given a special dessert congratulating us on the new family, which was very sweet and appreciated. Some reviewers have mentioned they disliked that an itemized bill was given at the end of each meal. We did not mind it, could be a little confusing at first but We tipped at every meal 10% off the bill. And felt it was so very deserved by the staff, they really went above and beyond to make us happy.
You must try the Spa. AMAZING. Best massage I've ever had and spa facility is gorgeous, worth every penny. We also paid for private transportation to and from hotel, worth it and super easy.
Don't have any doubts about booking GV, really top-notch resort, service and food. You must give it a try! We can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the newest resorts to distinguish Riviera Maya as a premier vacation destination. The uniquely Mexican world-class hospitality we provide is "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare", and we are proud to be the only family-friendly All Inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean to have been rated Five Diamonds by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort, Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Hotel Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico