Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Ocean Riviera Paradise(Playa del Carmen)
Great 4.5/5
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
  • Beachfront
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
3,547 results
All reviewssen linambassador sectioncocina de autorzen sectionambassador poolwater journeygrand class poolbutler conciergeazul restaurantzen suitesambassador suiteambassador classkids cluball inclusive resortroom serviceplunge poolamazing spa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I actually went to Mexico in January 2012 with a good friend, but the only options I had for this review were end of year. The road to the hotel goes through a breathtakingly beautiful jungle, the rooms are super comfortable, the infinity pool is even more inviting than the blue sea. Room service and hotel staff is impecable. All in all, me and my friend felt amazingly pampered and had a great time. Would definitely go back any day.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank nicoleta-nicoleta
GVRM, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Having our guests feel pampered is one of our goals and the pleasures that you experience are from the combination of product and ambience. We put an abundance of planning into the gardens for the purpose of inspiring your senses throughout your entire stay with us. No matter what part of the resort you may find yourself, it does have a tranquilizing effect. The paradise of which you describe in your title is very much a combination of culture and luxury. Thank you for your splendid comments and we wish to be your hosts again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A fantastic travel experience! Amazing culinary options, world class service, where the staff and i mean everyone, is trained to truly exceed guests expectations, I was there to lead an executive seminar and we were all delighted. The beach is wonderful, the various pools and exercise facilities are spectacular. There absolutely nothing but great comments from the experiences we all had. I highly recommend this all inclusive resort to any one who is looking for a truly amazing resort experience.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

We are pleased that your executive seminar was a success. You are correct in saying that our personnel are trained to exceed the expectations of our guests. We wish not only to provide an impeccable service, but an extraordinary experience that will not be easily forgotten. It would be difficult to find a better setting to hold a seminar with all the luxurious surroundings that you find at Grand Velas. Thank you for your valuable comments.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Grand Velas all inclusive this August. We had the time of our lives.
The service was terrific, including the staff lifting my daughters 350 lb wheelchair in and out of the vans so that we could enjoy all the restaurants and the spa. The food was wonderful, we especially loved Frida's. The room service was great and the lunch at the pool and beach were perfect.

We are a family of five with teenagers and they loved all the activities available and the smoothies! We took advantage of all the services including the trainer (he was great), the work out area and the spa was so fabulous that I will return for the massage.

We highly recommend this all inclusive for any occasion. Go, you will not regret it.
Worth the money.

Room Tip: Family friendly rooms are closest to the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank cagojet

Thank you for taking the time in putting your fine comments on TripAdvisor. There are many elements to a great vacation and we strive to make all of them come together in order that the entire family truly enjoys their experience. We appreciate your enthusiasm in recommending us, and as a motivator to our staff I will display your comment for all to see. Thank you again and we greatly await your return.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

In June 2013 I had the pleasure to re visit Grand Velas Resort and Spa in Playa del Carmen! I am truly in love with this Resort!! I happen to work as a wedding planner and have been to resorts in many parts of Mexico,many beautiful and accomodating. My Husband I also go to Cancun every other year for a 4 to 5 night stay for his work,I get to relax and take in the beauty of this little piece of pradise. The momment you arrive to the front gate you enter a lush tropical entryway that is a long very beautiful private road that lead to the Hotel. There are several staff that greet you at your car, everyone stops to welcome you or say ¨Good Afternoon!¨you feel immediatly like royalty! They present you a cold lightly sented cloth and a cool drink! I needed that after a long flight!! The lobby area is very soothing and relaxing in the design of the lobby check in, and you do get checked in very quikly. No one wants to sit around a lobby for 45 minutes.Here it is smooth and quik!

The rooms are very well appointed and spacious, we had the Jacuzzi in the bathtub, a desk for our computers, the servi bar had all the essentials, as well as bath robe,slippers. Wonderful natural luxury toilettries!

Then after we headed to the pool, the pool is looking right out to the ocean, the teal ocean with beautiful white sand. You can sit on the beach and order anything you like as Grand Velas is All -Inclusive!! My husand is very picky about his tequila and they have the very best!! The food in the restaurants is excellent as well as the service. They obviously spend many hours training their staff as they are there for your beck and call when you need anything! Yet they are not intrusive. There are fun activities yet never annoying loud music, or activities staff on the mic yelling all day.

I do love to go out and hear dance music yet my idea was to come to a resort that I would feel as pampered and cared for as I do in my business for my clients. I am here to enjoy, relax and have a little romantic getaway!!

Of course I had to visit the spa!! OHH la la!! I must confess I was pampered from head to toe!! Massage, treatment room, then this amazing warm pool that is inside the spa, it is enormous and you feel like you are in a different world..I just wanted to cacoon and fall asleep on a comfy lounger and I did at the end of my treatments! There is a Spa for Men and Seperate area for the ladies so I urge you to book some treatments.I spoke to the Spa Manager about the stress in my neck and lower back and she suggested some great treatments. They even have a really unique little pedicure bowls with little fish that kiss your toes, it is a little ticklish and sensual as well! I have never had that happen before!!!

We also must say we are foodies and each day you can have a different type of food in the evening Restaurants.They do have some dress codes and I like this as we like to get jazzed up to dine out. We went on some day trips to Xelha, and Tulum and they are close by and the Hotel arranged the trips and transport. They can book you any day trips you like!

We just love Grand Velas Playa del Carmen, we have been to many,many hotels in Cancun and finally I found a place that I feel like I am really on vacation!

I want to Thank the Managers, and all the staff for making our second trip in 3 years to Grand Velas Playa del Carmend a memorable one! I can hardly wait to come back!

Best Regards, Tamara Bradley

Room Tip: We had the room on the top floor and loved looking out to the ocean at sunset. We were in the main resort building.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tamara47

Thank you Tamara, for indulging in the some of the many amenities and services that Grand Velas has to offer. Your review sounds as if you enjoyed total relaxation during your respite with us. You wrote “I would feel pampered and catered to”. That is exactly our goal for all of our guests when they decide to reserve with us. It is our true pleasure to provide the luxury and attention that you are expecting. And in reaching that goal with each guest, we are sure that they will return again in the future, with the guarantee in mind that their vacation will be yet another memorable one, just as it was with your recent stay with us. Thank you again Tamara, and we look forward to hosting you and your husband for a third time.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice beach, excellent food, beautiful rooms, very nice staff. Stayed in the Zen Section which has a very nice pool complex, kids loved it. Not so crowded as the beach front pools. Worth the price. Highly recommend this all inclusive resort.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I am certainly pleased that we reached and surpassed your expectations. Your kind description of some of our products and services confirm that your vacation was worth the price. Our goal is to produce a feeling of value in our guests and that their decision to select Grand Velas was a correct one. Thank you for your visit and special regards to Sao Paolo.