“Best Experience Ever!”

Scuba Playa Dive Shop
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My 13 year old son and I recently took our open water certification through Scuba Playa. We completed our mandatory dives and then went on to do four more including one advanced dive..which gave us the opportunity to see the turtles and a shark!. The staff was brilliant...professional and courteous...felt more like family than employees/instructors. Our instructor Gabriel's enthusiasm for the sport was absolutely contagious and my son is now hooked! We can't wait until our next dive excursion.

There are newer reviews for Scuba Playa Dive Shop

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Can't say enough great things about Scuba Playa! After my two sons (ages 10 &12) completed their classroom work and pool dives in Colorado, we were able to coordinate the rest of their certification through Scuba Playa. Very easy to coordinate all of the logistics online (thanks Pablo!) Their instructor, Andrea, was one of the best I have seen in all of my years diving. He was very patient, an excellent instructor, and the boys and I had a great time. Additionally, after watching all of the other staff, you simply cannot go wrong here - they were all very good! This is the place we will go (and encourage others to go) every time we are in the area - simple awesome!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Luis is great. Though it's clear he's there to make money (as he should be), he will also treat you like family. The dives were a lot of fun, and I would recommend going with them. They are also the cheapest ones we found in the area of Playa del Carmen.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We dived with scuba playa in Nov after deciding not to dive with the hotel and went to see what was on offer in town they are just of the main 5th avenue behind Starbucks after going into a few dive centres we decided on them as they were the most welcoming with time to show us what was on offer. We did 7 days of diving with 6 of them Cenotes with Marco and 1 dive with the Bull sharks. The Cenotes were by far the highlight with the Pit and Taj Ma-ha being a must. I would highly recommend diving with Scuba Playa and we will definetly going back to dive with them again.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

to danielle at the sandos resort....it started with a try in the pool and from there it was i had to try this.Was nervous about falling backwards off the boat which is the norm for getting off boat all hooked up in your gear.Kinda scarry going down but with the 2 ladys leading our team 1 italian and cant recall the other.They were really good and always made sure everything was all good when under. Definetly going to try this again and get certified......amazing what is under the surface and how close the fish come by you.....litteraly right by your face.....if your not using your arms..just use your feet.